41.

It was a couple hours later. We both were able to get some sleep but I woke because I was too worried Sunghoon would show up again. There's another issue, Sunghoon's gonna end up looking through the whole city for us. This is his world in the end so it won't be long until he finds us.

I shut my eyes letting out a heavy sigh before opening my eyes again. I felt something touch my making me a flinch a little. I looked over to see Jay awake and running his finger on the mark Sunghoon left.

"He tried to do it without your permission didn't he" I nodded thinking about the awful memory.

"I couldn't even stop him. For some reason my body wouldn't move. It was like there was something holding me down. The past week I felt like I was losing myself, I was falling for him Jay and I thought I couldn't save you." I held my head with my hands, my hands were starting to tremble.

Jay sat up pulling me in for a tight hug.

"It wasn't your fault. It was because he was using magic on." I lifted my head up, curious of what Jay was talking about.

"He was forcing you to like him that was the reason why you were falling for his charm and the reason you couldn't move was because he didn't want you to. Thankfully he didn't do anything bad to you" Jay patted my head in an attempt to calm down, it helped.

"How did you know"

"I felt it. He was using so much magic that I could feel from where I was. Such a sicko"

We both stayed where were for a while. I was in his arms while he patted my head. If only we could stay like this forever.

"How are you feeling?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Better, i little sore but I'm okay now thanks to you." I smiled leaning my head against his chest.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"What happens now."

"What do you mean?"

"He's gonna find us"

"We'll just have to wait until then"

I knew Jay didn't know what to or say. He was right in a way, we just have to wait and see.

Silence came upon us again but it was comforting. I felt safe again, it felt somewhat normal again. I missed having Jay's company and having him around. It hurt so much when he wouldn't talk to and when everything about him vanished I was devastated. But he's here with me now.

"April?"

"Hmm?" I hummed with my eyes closed.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you at the cafe. I shouldn't have been so harsh to you. When you read that note I wrote on your cup, seeing you burst out in tears made my heart ache and the fact that it was from me made me hate myself so much."

I opened my eyes and sat up straight. I turned around so that I was facing Jay. I gave him a calm smile.

"It's not your fault. You didn't have a choice. It was my fault for always visiting you when I knew it would put you in danger."

Jay returned the smile and pulled me in for another hug. We were face to face. It's been a long time since we've been this close. And if I was being honest I missed this.

"Whatever happens now I want you to know that I won't ever leave you. We will get through this together." I smiled at his words.

My eyes slowly fell to his lips. I guess I was staring there for too long because Jay noticed. He looked at my eyes they were on his lips. He smiled before leaning in closer and connecting our lips together.

It caught me by surprise but I wasn't complaining. I missed this so much.

It wasn't a hot and passionate kiss, but more of a calm and one filled with love type of kiss.

When we pulled away Jay leaned his forehead on mine. We both starred into each other's eyes while we catches our breaths.

"I love you so much April, I don't want to ever lose you"

I smiled again.

"I love you too Jay."

We stayed like until my stomach growled. Embarrassed, I pulled my face away from Jay's making him laugh.

"I guess someone's hungry. Do you think your friend would mind if we ate some of her food."

I shook my head.

"I don't think she'll mind."

We both carefully got up and made our way into the kitchen. We found some noddles and decided that it was easy to make and wasn't too messy.

"This is the best food I've eaten in weeks" Jay said while he slurped the noodles.

"What did he do to you?"

Jay swallowed his food before answering me.

"Well he'd hit me until I can't get up and tell me that my end is near. I would only eat once every couple days and when I do eat it's food scraps." Hearing those words made me so upset and angry.

How can someone be so heartless and treat someone like this after what they've done.

There was a knocked on the door drawing both our attentions.

"I think Lia's home" I said making my way to the door.

"Wouldn't she have the key to open the door?" Jay said but I was already at the so I couldn't hear.

When I opened the door I screamed at the sight. Sunghoon looked like he was about to kill some. He was holding Lia by the throat in his left hand and the right hand was knife.

I tried slamming the door but Sunghoon stuck his foot stopping the door.

"Well well well, you managed to get away. Sorry to ruin your victory moment."

"S-Sunghoon" I started shaking.

"You have 5 seconds to come with me and bring that bastard with you. Or, I'll slit her throat right here in front of you, your choice"

26/12/20
As I am writing this it's currently 3am the day after Christmas but I believe it's Christmas in most parts of the word so..

Merry Christmas Engenes! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and you get many amazing presents. I thought I'd write you guys some extra chapters as a gift.

If you live in colder climates please keep yourselves warm and wear many layers, and if you live in warmer climates like me be careful of the sun and try to keep cool!

Stay safe and please wear a mask when you go out!

Happy holidays!

-P