EPISODE 50

16/12/2019 - At Chennai

Shiva's P. O. V :

I walked to the terrace to avoid the gossiping crowd. Anjali ran behind me.

I caught the parapet wall and was holding myself up. The Sun had already set and the wedding Hall was about to be closed.

Anjali turned me to her side and helped me wipe out the remaining blood from my nose and mouth. I felt like wailing aloud but I couldn't.

I was still hoping for this moment to be my bad dream.

A small tear rolled down my eyes.

" Men aren't supposed to cry. What wrong did you do? " Anjali asked me.

" I went overboard, I shouldn't have dragged his relationship into this. " I said looking down.

" You weren't lying. By the way , he started it Shiva. He would have slapped me if you didn't stop him. Anyone would have done the same if they were in your situation. " She said.

And I remembered Karthik throwing harsh words at Anjali. Anjali came here trusting me and it was my duty to make sure that she doesn't get disrespected.

" Also, don't you have the right to demand from him? He works for you. It's good that at least now you saw his true face. " Anjali said.

" It's not like that. I was only angry that he didn't value me as much as he valued Aparna. I was just expecting that respect. I really don't know what went into him. " I said.

" You are being very innocent Shiva " Anjali said.

" What? " I asked her.

" You are being very considerate of others. You don't know where to keep whom. That's why you are suffering. Even now, you want to trust your friend again. You are not ready to believe me that Aparna is two timing with you and your best friend! , you would only believe when you see it with your own eyes! Look down! " Anjali said and pointed at the backyard, which was two floors below us.

Aparna and Karthik were hugging each other. I couldn't see their face clearly from top. But it was definitely both of them.

" That girl is a bitch! " Anjali said and I couldn't hear any of her words after that.

A loud sound was blaring inside my ears. I instantly turned around and walked out of the premise.

I took the lift and went straight to my bike. Anjali didn't follow me behind this time.

I drove madly, as far as I can go.

The image flashed in front of my eyes again. I was trying to remove the harrowing thoughts from my head, but I couldn't.

All the good times I had with Aparna, suddenly felt awful. I was regretting trusting her.

When Karthik was throwing around pick up lines I didn't care, when Anjali tried telling me, I didn't care, but I was the fool in the end.

The girl who I thought was the perfect one for me, ended up breaking my life.

I knew that everything was over between us, I am engaged, but why this pain is so hard for me. I didn't do any mistake, but why do I feel like dying, while Aparna is out there being happy.

If she can do this to me, then I can get married without guilt. I thought she was having a hard time to move on, but it was only me who was actually still caring for her. she doesn't deserve it.

I cried my heart out and went back to my home around mid night.

As I opened the house door, I saw Anjali's face right in front.