chapter twenty-four

Thank you for this beautiful aesthetic StarsAndMoon1447 you're amazing!

•••

"Explain." Ibrahim can be very intimidating when he gets angry, he was beyond furious to see his brother roaming around with his sister-in-law, who he considers just like his very own sister.

Ameen trembled in fear, looking at his bhabhi for help, who was glaring at him and Mahira with a displeased look. How did he forget that Mahira was her sister first and they both have highly disappointed their siblings.

Mahira looked up at her sister, with fear and said, "He was my best friends brother's best friend."

"We both knew each other before you guys even got married." Ibrahim and Mawra passed each other a surprising look at this newfound information.

Mawra was still not satisfied, even if they knew each other before, it gave them zero rights to hang out like this in public. It was strictly prohibited in Islam and in their family and honestly, they should have some morals and respect for their religion.

"You were a minor until a few months ago. I can send Ameen to jail for this you know." Mahira and Ameen's eyes widened at her words, Ibrahim was shocked too.

"Mawra, please. Stop overreacting." Mahira snapped at her, making Ameen to facepalm himself, "we never cross our limits." she added.

"Don't use that tone with my wife," Ibrahim told her off whilst squeezing Mawra's hands. Taken aback by her sister's rudeness, she eyed her husband gratefully.

Mahira was left dumbfounded, "fine. But I'm an adult now, I can do whatever I want. You have no right to interfere in my life matters. Mind your own life, Mawra." Ameen didn't know what to do with this stupid girl, but he was in love with her and will fight till everyone accepts their relationship.

"Bhai." Ameen finally opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't form any words looking at his brother's furious glare.

"Let's go, Ibrahim, I'll tell abbu that his dear daughter has failed her twelfth board exams, I seriously didn't believe Ahil at first. But now I know exactly why did she fail."

"What?" Ibrahim couldn't believe his ears, "yes, she freaking failed her board exams. We can see why."

Giving a furious glare to her brother-in-law and then her sister, she held her husband's hands and dragged him out of that stupid park.

Just when she thought the day couldn't get any more awful the stupid universe proves her wrong. First the office staffs and now her sister. Mawra was done for the day. After such a relaxing honeymoon trip, this is not how she has imagined her first day at the office to be.

Ibrahim gave his brother one look, which said; I'll deal with you later and Ameen was terrified. As he should be.

***