✘1.28

Renjun's stare was weighted but he didn't display any emotion, blankly watching as Jisoo began to panic

"It's fine!" She waved it off, taking the pen Renjun had discarded to add information under the creatures he managed to list.

"Why don't you actually try to stand up for yourself?" His words came out harsher than expected and Jisoo didn't answer, unsure of what to say but Renjun sighed before speaking again. "If you don't stop them then they'll think they have power over you."

"Should we add more?" She asked, changing the subject.
"Yeah, whatever- do what you want."

There was a silence as she began writing- her long thick eyelashes fluttering as she blinked and lips parted as soft breaths escaped her lips- teeth slightly biting at her bottom lip in concentration.

"I learned about a lot of creatures back when I was in Heaven."
"What is it- Angel studies?" He retorted with a humoured tone.

"It was preparation to be a guardian Angel."
Renjun scoffed a laugh.
"Why would anyone want to be a guardian." He muttered.

"Well, for Angels it's something that we all look forward to, not everyone can do it and it's really rewarding for us to know we save people from danger."

"Sounds annoying."
"Some might think that way." She shrugged.

"Aren't Angels meant to be fearless if they're gonna be a guardian, you just...you're scared most of the time."

Jisoo opened her mouth to speak but stopped herself, shaking her head with a sad smile.
"I'm not an Angel...not anymore. It's scary being something I've never been before- Human."

"If I was a Human I'd kill myself and become a Demon."
"That's not exactly how it works."
"Yeah I know, you need Demon blood in your system."

Jisoo hummed, glancing at how Jisung watched Chaerin with a smile to how Aria leant her head against Donghyuck.

"Do you have a soulmate?" She asked.
"I've never bitten anyone who's a demon so-"
"No, that's not true." She said, earning his attention. "If you bite anyone and you love them and they love you, then they should be bonded to you."

He shook his head.
"You're wrong."
"Why?" She asked, looking at the boy.

"Because my...last girlfriend never turned into my soulmate."

"She never turned into my soulmate- I didn't think Humans could be your soulmate." Renjun continued.

"They can." She said.