𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝

trigger warning ⚠️; drinking

type; fluff

date; 12/25/2020

summary; Louis and harry broke up two months ago, to say the least, they both still missed their other half. One night Louis gets a call from a drunken harry.

no pov

After the band split up, Harry and Louis, the biggest love birds tried so hard to continue their relationship. However, with both of their booming solo careers, they didn't spend enough time with each other. They mutually agreed to break up after their big fight earlier in the night.

Louis sits alone in the once shared flat, all the lights are off and it around 1 am. He cries for the 80th time that week. Being away from his once cheeky little boyfriend was killing him, Louis was wearing one of the few hoodies that harry left when he packed. It covered over Louis's hands giving him sweater paws.

(a/n AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH literally screaming, he's so cute)

Louis was about to head up to bed considering it was about 2 am now, before he could make it to the stairs, he heard a buzzing of his phone on the kitchen counter. He went over to the counter and saw that Harry was calling him. Louis gulped, about to hit reject when he got a gut feeling something bad was happening.

He hesitantly clicked accept and shivered when he heard harry.

"W-wow l-lou, yo-you picked up b-babe." harry hiccuped into the phone.

"A-are you drunk harry?" Louis asked, placing his hand on his forehead. He would be lying if he said he wasn't worried about the younger boy.

"Louissss, g-god I mi-missed you, love, s-so much." Harry managed to get out, the lad was so drunk he could barely get five words out. Louis's heart broke when he heard Harry say he missed him, all he wanted was to grab harry and snuggle into him every second of the day.

"Haz, where are you?" It's been a while since Louis was able to call harry a nickname or pet name. Louis was just going pick up harry and bring harry back to his house, not even going to let him stay at Louis's.

"WOOHOO! fr-free sho-shots!" harry shouted into the phone, Louis now knew he was at a bar, but there were like 10 just down this road alone.

"Love, what bar are you at?" Louis asked quickly putting his shoes on and grabbing his keys off the table before making his way to his car.

"Uh-uhm, har-harley's pu-pub," Harry said sleepily, feeling light on his feet.

"Hazza, stay on the phone, I will be there in a couple of minutes boo." Even though Louis didn't want to see harry tonight, didn't even want him to stay the night, he wanted to make sure Harry didn't do anything stupid and using pet names usually calmed Harry down.

"You are coming to get me?" Harry asked, actually forming a full nonstuttering sentence.

"Yes love, I am just pulling into the parking lot, can you come outside please." Louis got out of his car and started working towards the pub. He was leaning against the side of the wall, pulling out a cig and letting out a puff of smoke just as he saw a clumsy and wasted harry walk out the door. Harry kept turning his head to find Louis, eventually seeing him. Harry rushed over and smacked the cigarette out of Louis's hand.

"I wasn't done with that love," Louis said calmly and looking harry up and down, even though his green eyes were pitch black and he had messy hair, he looked beautiful.

"Yo-you know i-i don't l-like wh-" harry got interrupted.

"I know baby boy, you don't like it when I smoke but you don't own me anymore," Louis said, he smugly grinned when Harry pouted.

"Alright, enough with the pouting harry, let's get you home." Louis frowned a bit, knowing harry won't go home with him but he was still mad at harry for that one awful night.

5 minutes into the drive to harry's house, a hand went to his thigh. Louis looked down to see a pale looking harry who had one hand on his stomach and one on Louis's thigh, trying to get his attention to stop the car. Louis quickly pulled over, harry opened the door and emptied his insides. Louis quickly ran out of his car and went over to the side of the car harry was getting sick out of. Louis started rubbing circles on harry's back, knowing how much the younger lad hated being sick.

"Lo-lou, can i-i stay w-with you?" Harry asked while he sat up. Louis looked at how terrible harry looked, he didn't want him to stay but at the same time, what if something happens, harry would be alone and drunk.

"sure harry, just for tonight." Louis nodded before making his way back to the driver's seat. He was pulling into the driveway and looked over to see harry snoring lightly, head against the window.

"Harry, time to wake up love." Louis poked at harry's face, not getting any sort of movement. Louis then started to tickle harry, he saw harry start to move and whine. Eventually, harry's eyes fluttered open, revealing his slightly less black eyes. Harry just made grabby hands, Louis rolled his eyes laughing, he went to the other side and opened the door. He picked up the taller lad with some struggle, but eventually, Louis got it to where he could unlock the door and hold harry.

They entered the flat, and Louis put harry down on the couch. Louis walked over putting his keys back and talking off both their shoes. As Louis was about to head upstairs, harry asked him to stay.

"Lou, stay w-with me?" harry asked quite cutely.

"Harry" Louis sighed. "You know I can't" Louis pressed on.

"But, I still love and miss you boo bear, I can't stop thinking about you, I messed up," Harry said as if the alcohol had completely gone away.

"Didn't see my message before I went to the pub?" Louis just shook his head, he clicked on the messages, seeing one from "hazza ♥︎"

hazza ♥︎; Louis, I can't keep pretending that I don't think about you every second of the day, that I don't cry all day and all night, that I don't get wasted every weekend to get rid of the pain. I know you won't see this, which is why I am sending it, I can tell you how I feel and you won't even see it.

Louis shed a few tears as he read what harry sent him, he ran over to Harry and hugged him, just wanting to be in his boy's embrace.

"I love and miss you too harry!" Louis was full-on sobbing as harry tightly hugged back, the smell of alcohol on his breath.

"shh, boo, it's okay, I just can't go another day without you, I understand if you don't feel the same way," Harry said, starting to tear up himself.

"Hazzie... I do, I want you back" Louis saw harry's tears and took his thumbs and wiped them off the lad's cheeks. They both just stared into each other eyes, the green in harry's eyes was back despite his still drunken state. They both leaned in and attached their lips together, the same fireworks as their first-ever kiss going off.

"I love you Lou," Harry said he started to lay down with Louis laying on his chest.

"I love you too haz," Louis sighed contently as he got his boy back.

~~~~

I actually restarted this like 3 different times, so I hope this turned out okay. also, the pictures usually don't have anything to do with the story unless stated otherwise. :)

xx