𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THINGS DID NOT GO WELL back at the group's unexpected stop at the icy planet of Maldo Kreis. Not only were they chased (yet luckily helped) by some New Republic Starfighter Corps but they were also attacked by cave-dwelling ice spiders.

Well, it was a difficult situation and yet, they were still able to fly with a semi-functioning ship.

"Looks like we made it. Get ready for landing." Din instructed as he ran through some of the Razor Crest's control buttons.

"Barely made it." Aeryn muttered from her seat, her head slightly spinning with all the fatigue.

The wound on her forehead was still fresh and have not healed yet. She figured that it will take time for it to completely heal and would probably leave a mark; considering how deep it was. She would just have to learn on how to endure the stinging and slight pain.

"Dank farrik! The landing array isn't responding. Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry. It might get choppy." Din cursed, hitting one of the controlers.

"Choppy?"

"Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow down. If we don't burn to a crisp." Din let our a short, sharp sigh before all things went downhill.

Literally.

As if on cue, the Razor Crest began free-falling through the sky; the rapid speed making Aeryn a little bit more dizzy. Warning signals and alarms from the ship started going off like a chaotic orchestra only this time, it was the music of danger.

"What the--"

"Aeryn, can you help me here?" Din's voice was loud and clear despite the loud noise.

The violet-eyed girl, though slightly dizzy, quickly made her way beside Din.

"This lever needs to stay back. Can you do that?" Din asked, turning his head at the girl. Aeryn nodded and began pulling the lever just like how she was instructed. "Keep it steady. Here we go."

The Razor Crest, however, did not slow down no matter how hard Aeryn pulled the lever. Din had his fair share of trying to keep things under control but it was obvious to not be paying off.

Fire started emerging from the bottom of the ship as their falling speed accelerated with no signs of slowing down.

"Uh, Din--"

"Razor Crest, this is Trask flight control. Please reduce your speed to port protocol."

"I'm trying my best here. Engage reverse thrusters. Brace!" Din exclaimed for a brief moment and turned to look at the girl standing beside him. "Hold on."

Fear was evident on Aeryn's eyes and the Mandalorian could see that. He deeply wished that he could kiss her but right now, he knew he had to do everything to keep their family alive. Even if it meant not being able to steal a kiss from his beloved girl.

"Din, you do know that I love you, right?" Aeryn asked, fear taking over her body.

The Mandalorian's eyes did not leave his beloved girl's face. Heck, he didn't want to but the circumstances required the opposite, otherwise.

"And I love you too, Aeryn." Din whispered underneath his breath. "So much."

"Razor Crest, do you copy? You have to reduce speed."