60| Between Life and Death

AN:
Hi guys, this is a quick update for the holiday. Please make sure that you've read the previous chapter (Chapter 59: Wounded) before you read this one.

Trigger Warning:
The following chapter will have contents that will be disturbing for some people in terms of violence.

***

Present

Present

I stop my car in the designated street. Again, it's a secluded one, and I wonder how these guys manage to calculate every step that I'm making without any trace left for the police.

It's like they indeed know this city like the back of their hands.

Every angle. Every corner. Every camera.

I've been following every instruction that Tuck has given me like an obedient puppy. I've trashed my phone.

I've drawn the money from the bank, in which I could sense that one of his men was also following me -- I felt someone watching me the whole time I was talking to the staff before they finally led me to their office due to how much money I'd wanted to withdraw.

Even though I could see the curiosity in their eyes, the bank officers didn't bombard me with questions due to the fear that they would ruin my trust.

After all, I'm one of their biggest clients, and they've got the clear message that I would want them to respect my privacy and the confidentiality of my decision.

Now, the money is inside the trunk of my car, secured in a big case.

In fact, Tuck doesn't need to send his friend to watch my every move. The pain from losing Lais is still very much in my heart, creating a big hole in it, that I wouldn't dare to cross him again.

A car stops beside me, and I know that it's them. A man gets out of it as I roll my window down.

"You're going to come with us," he orders. "Open the trunk."

I press the button to open the trunk and gets out of my car. He pushes me into the second row of his SUV while his friend grabs the suitcase.

Inside, two other men come into view. One is behind the driving wheel. The other one pushes my head onto the seat, letting the first man lock my wrists from behind and handcuff me.

The man who got the suitcase places the money on the third-row seat but doesn't get into the car. When the driver begins to drive, I watch as he takes over my car, driving it to God knows where.

So much for coming without a fight.

But I would do anything to be closer to Lais.