waltzing with your sister's promised

Sister's POV: (9:18)

You watch them as they dance. Her gorgeous head of light curls bouncing as he twirls her around, his eyes sparkling with such happiness as he stares at her beautiful face. Their laughs synchronising, their faces so close they could kiss. Except of course they won't.

At least not in public.

Oh what a beautiful couple they would make. People's heads would turn wherever they went. Folk tales would be passed down throughout the generations. The famous King and Queen, soulmates. Bound by love and separated only by death.

Too bad you had to be first in line for the throne. And too bad you had to marry in order to succeed, or else you wouldn't be anywhere near this slimy weasel. You would never have agreed to be promised to him.

Oh how stupid they must think of you. How they must laugh about you while lying in bed together. The silly sister, the one the whole kingdom pities. You don't care about their thoughts, about their betrayal or sneakiness, but you can't help feeling a little sad.

Because why can't you be the one to ever find love? Happiness? Why do the boys never choose you, or the children ever sing about you? What is it about her that makes her so special. Or what is it about you that makes you not. Once promised you couldn't help but dream of a beautiful future with him, one full of love, romance. But of course that was short lived, along with the rest of the dreams you've had.

You may be Queen soon, but this isn't your fairy tale. It never was.

You clasp your hands tightly together as you question how she could do this? Smile at you, pretend to love you while all the while sneaking around with the man you had once whispered about at night to her, so excited. When you were there for her when your mother died? When you wiped her tears and cleaned her wounds after your father's abuse, despite having the same wounds yourself. When you practically raised her, protected her, loved her.

You'll never understand. But that's okay. As you watch them smile and laugh with each other, finishing their last waltz, you just keep staring at them. And as if they sense your cold glare they stop, looking around until finally meeting your eyes.

There's guilt in their eyes, there's glee in yours.

Because once you're married, you will have no use for him. And once he's dead she will never be happy. You smile at them, so joyously and raise a glass. Reclining on your throne.

Because who needs love when you have power.

Long live the Queen. And her happily ever after.

---

honest opinion i rlly didn't think many people would actually like this lool. but somehow this was my most popular comment so i'm forever grateful for this story <3

Please remember to vote and comment if you can!!