a pride and prejudice playlist

dc: This was so random for the playlist but the music took me here and I decided to go with it 

You swirl, round and round. Dress lifting and floating, spinning in a wave of colours in the cool breeze. You laugh as you look up to the sky, the sweet patter of rain gently falling on your lips, your tongue. You've never felt this happy, this free. You feel beautiful. 

 And then suddenly there's someone beside you. A stranger. But he looks nice, funny. He takes your hand and you twirl together, as if this is a waltz. When in fact from an outsider's perspective you look like a pair of fools getting drenched in the rain. 

But since when have you cared of what other's have thought? You laugh.

He doesn't even know your thoughts but he laughs too. A silly grin on his cheeky face. And it's fun, in that moment you forget everything. You forget your past, your non-existent future and it's just you and him. A moment perfect in time.

But of course everything ends. And finally he grows tired even though you still burn for that feeling again, it hurts you to stop. But you do, for a stranger.

And then you sit, him breathless but you just wanting more of that breath of life. You lay on the grassy fields, his light hair fanning behind him, his breath coming out in a cloudy mist. He's still holding your hand. It feels nice.

You talk.

You don't know for how long or how short. You just know it feels endless but also so limited. You talk about your dreams of the future, what you wish for, and slowly both of your dreams start to include each other. And it feels so beautiful that you wish it would stay dark forever, you hope the sun won't come up.

But alas, wishes don't really come true. You guess that's sort of the magic of them.

And then the world starts to brighten as you smile at him. He looks you in the eye and says 3 words and 8 letters. You think that was quick. And then you realise sadly that you love him too. 

And so you lean towards his face, his eyes sparkling with delight and excitement. But just before your lips touch you smile and say goodbye. Slowly your hand in his starts to glow, so does your body, your face.

And then you disappear, as you do every year after the night of the 31st of October. Night of the ghosts.

He comes back every year. You see him, grow ever more crestfallen each time. But you can't do that to him. Watch him love a person he can never be with.

So you watch him instead. Watch as he slowly stops visiting your spot. You follow him to his home. A castle. And you realise he is to be a King. You watch his coronation, you watch him get married. You watch his face glow with such happiness when he's with his children. You watch him achieve the greatest things, but not the things he told you he dreamed of.

You watch him tire. Year after year. A face that glowed with such youth and excitement now dragged down. A mind full of life, someone so alive now so drained inside.

And then one day. After a life of such happiness but also so many unfulfilled dreams. Of a wife who rightly left him after an arranged loveless marriage. After all his children had grown up and left to rule their own kingdoms. You watch him slowly take off his crown.

He takes off his Kingly robes and dresses not unlike he did all those years ago. He brushes away the guards and walks. He walks and walks and walks. Until finally he reaches that spot again. Your spot.

As he lays down, he starts to laugh. So loudly so happily. So free. And then he closes his eyes. His breath shaky. Breathless like he was after your dance together.

He looks ethereal lying there, and you realise this is his end.

You lie there next to him. And as you stare at the stars you feel that sweet taste of rainfall on your tongue again. Your cold fingertips hold his hand, wrinkled with age. He freezes for a second, and then he squeezes tight. Taking his last breath, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

And then you dance, as the guards find the King's body. As the whole kingdom grieves, you dance. With your beautiful, silly boy, fulfilling all the dreams you never thought you would. 

You dance and dance and dance. Feeling free forever.

----

mrtnaf (my random thoughts no one asked for) 

defo one of my favourites, probably in second place i love this one so much. this one made me happy writing. 

Please remember to vote and comment if you can!!