xxxvi.

Cassiopeia rushes through the hallways holding on tightly to the letter

Cassiopeia rushes through the hallways holding on tightly to the letter. She felt extremely nervous and excited. She hasn't read the contents of the envelope, wanting to read it with her friends, which she was making her to. She hadn't even bothered to change out of her ropes, she was in too much of a hurry to care. She runs into the Gryffindor Commons and looks around, grinning as she finds them sitting near the fireplace.

"Hey!" She greets them with a wide grin as she walks up to them and they all look up at her with smiles.

"What's good you in such a good mood?" Mary asks, sitting next to her boyfriend, Fabian. Cassiopeia's grin widens even more as she shows them the envelope.

"N.E.W.T. results just arrived." She says excitedly and their eyes widen, getting just as excited as the girl.

"Well! Open it! We want to know!" Marlene exclaims, making Cassiopeia bite her lips as she opens the envelope. Her excitement is quickly overpowered by nervousness and she starts to hesitate to unfold the parchment.

"What if I didn't do well?" Cassiopeia asks with wide eyes, making them all give her a look of disbelief.

"Sunshine, that's impossible. You're by far one of the smartest one here. Now, come on. You're killing us here." Sirius says with an encouraging smile, making her worries vanish as she opens the letter. Her eyes widen as a wide grin forms on her face. "Well?

"O in Potions, O in Alchemy, O in Ancient Runes, O in Muggle Studies and O in Herbology." She breaths out, making her friend's eyes widen just as much. All of a sudden all nine jump to their feet and pull the girl into a group hug, who squeals, nearly being crushed.  They pull away and James snatches the letter from her hands.

"Look at this! Everyone look! My daughter has perfect grades in all her N.E.W.T.s!" James shouts proudly so that everyone in the Commons hears him. Cassiopeia blushes and Sirius pulls her into his arms, spinning her around. She giggles as she holds on to him tightly, before he puts her down.

"Well done, sunshine! I'm so proud of you." He says happily and she grins, before he pecks her lips. "I'm going to be dating the Professor of Potions soon."

"Oh shut it, will you." She giggles as she gets all flustered and buries her face in his chest, making him chuckle. She looks back up at him. "When are you getting your results?"

"They're in my nightstand." He hums and she pulls away, hitting him as she gives him a look of disbelief.

"Are you ser- I mean, are you kidding me?" She corrects herself before he can use the opportunity to make a joke and change the topic. He snickers as he realises that she had started to know him a little too well. "Why haven't you told me?"

"Because I'm too scared to look at it. When I look at you and how you have perfect grades, or how Lily and James had nothing less than E's, it scares me." He admits, making her soften and shake her head.

"Sirius, you're just as smart as us. If anything you help me with DADA, and you took that as one of your N.E.W.T.s." She hums and he smiles softly at her, admiring her kind heart. He couldn't believe how lucky he got to have someone like her by his side. "How about you go open it now? And then we can celebrate it together."

"Okay. Will you come with me?" He asks and she smiles, nodding in response. He takes her hand and they slip away from their friends, who are still gushing over Cassiopeia's results. James is still very busy announcing to every passing Gryffindor that he was the mother a perfect student. The couple walk into the bedroom. Sirius leads her to his side of the room, sitting down the bed as she stands in front of him. He reaches out for a drawer and opens it, before pulling an envelope. He stares at it before handing it to her. "Will you open it?"

"Sure." She hums, taking it from his hands and she sees how nervous he is. She sits down on his lap and he wraps his arms around her waist, burying his face in her shoulder as she opens the envelope and reads the letter. A wide grin forms on her lips as she looks over the grades. "O in Defence Against the Dark Arts, O in Transfiguration, O in Charms, O in Ancient Runes, E in Alchemy, O in Potions and O in Muggle Studies."

"You're not serious?" He asks in disbelief as he looks up at her and she shakes her head.

"No, you're Sirius." She muses and he playfully glares at her, as she giggles. "No, I am serious. You did it, my love. You did amazing. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." He hums, and she wraps her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He closes his eyes, relaxing as he feels his heart swell. "Look at us being the smartest couple here."

"I told you, you had nothing to worry about." She hums as she pulls back and kisses him. He smiles happily as he kisses her back.

"Merlin's beard, I love you so much." He hums as he pulls away, making her giggle and blush. Before she can respond to that, the door bursts open, making them look up to see Remus, James and Lily.

"So this is where you two disappeared to." Lily snickers, making Cassiopeia blush. James notices the letter in Cassiopeia's hands and raises an eyebrow questioningly.

"I know that that can't be your results, because they're here." James says firmly as he waves the letter with her grades on it. Cassiopeia smiles sheepishly as she glances at Sirius. "So what is that? Pregnancy test? Am I going to be a grandmother, I'm too young for that."

"No! Bloody hell, no." Cassiopeia shakes her head, getting extremely flustered and James snickers. "It's Sirius' N.E.W.T.s results."

"And you didn't tell me? Let me see my brother's results." James says excitedly and snatches the paper away from her again. He looks over the grades and he grins. "Our family is so smart, look at this Lily."

"Can we agree that this whole family thing is kind of weird. Your 'daughter' is dating your brother." Remus scrunches his nose up and James' excitement drops.

"I didn't want to do this now, Remus! But now you give me no choice. Cassie, my beautiful daughter. You're adopted." James says, making Cassiopeia snort and Lily bite her lip to stop herself from laughing.

"Oh, bloody hell."