Chapter 39

It felt good to be back, but I was also cautious. Yong never did tell me what happened with his mother. We went to the Floral Island first. I was worried the twins wouldn't recognize me, but they ran up to me as soon as I was in sight.

"Mother!" They yelled. They were so big now. Tyrian was lean and tall, standing at my chest. Amethyst was a beautiful little girl. Her hair was a light brown and she was almost as tall and thin as Tyrian. I hugged them tightly when they reached me.

"My babies," I said in relief.

"They're good children," Peony said as she walked up to me. "It's good you're okay," she said as she held my hands in hers. I pulled her into a hug.

"It's good to see you," I breathed. Peony chuckled as she pat my back.

"Mother, father said you would come back," Amethyst smiled at me. I looked to Yong curiously.

"They have a portrait of you in their room. I told them everything. I wasn't going to let our children forget you. Plus, I always had hope you would return," Yong explained. I smiled and turned my attention back to the kids.

"I've missed you," I smiled at them. They showed me around and showed me their garden before we went back to the main hall.

"Peony, thank you for taking care of them," I said gratefully.

"I watched them born. They're family. It was no hassle at all. They also share your talent for gardening," she replied. I touched the twins' cheeks gently.

"I'll be here for you two from now on. Mother's not going anywhere," I promised them. I sat in a chair as tea was served.

"What about Godfather?" I asked Yong.

"He doesn't know you're still alive yet. He took the news almost as hard as I did. He still mourns you," Yong explained. I set the tea down before facing the twins.

"Mother has to go see your uncle quickly, but when I come back, I'll show you where Mother stayed while she was away," I promised. I stood as a Yong nodded to me. We flew to Tase's Eternity Palace before going inside. I immediately went to the main hall where Tase and Zinnia were having snacks.

"Godfather," I said hesitantly. Tase looked at me in shock as he dropped his cake. His eyes water before approaching me unsurely. I smiled sadly before taking his hands in mine.

"Godfather, it's me. It's Aivi. I'm alive," I assured him. His shaky hand touched my cheek before his tears fell down his cheeks. He pulled me into a hug as he cried.

"I thought you were gone for good," he cried. I hugged him back as I shook my head. My own tears were spilling over as well. He pulled away and held my cheeks again.

"Aivi... where have you been?" He asked.

"I floated through the Abyss for a long time before waking up in the Mortal Realm with no memories. I stayed on a farm there with a lovely couple who took me in. When my charm activated, Yong found me, and gave my memories back to me," I explained. Zinnia was next to hug me.

"We were grief stricken when we were told that the former Empress pushed you into the void. No one has ever survived it," Zinnia explained.

"Former Empress?" I asked. Yong nodded.

"I gave my Royal Father an ultimatum. Either punish my mother, or Id give up my Crown Prince title. I was ready to lose my title, but my father opted to punish my mother instead. He took away all of her cultivation and exiled her to the Tower of Monsters, where she'll suffer for the rest of her lengthened existence," Yong explained. It made me breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't have to worry about her anymore. I turned my attention back to Tase and Zinnia.

"I'm fine, and I'm back now," I assured them. After catching up with them about everything that happened while I was away, we went back to Floral Island. Tyrian and Amethyst were eating dinner when we arrived. It was nice to have my family back. To be honest, when my memories were returned, I was worried that Yong had moved on and everyone forgot me. I was happy to see that that wasn't the case. After dinner, we prepared for bed. The twins tucked in their room while Yong and I went to my old hut.

"We've still yet to hold a wedding. Everything is ready. I was just waiting on you," Yong said as we dressed for bed. After my silk slip was on I stood in front of him.

"Yong, I've missed you... so much. From now on, I promise to stop running from you. I don't want to leave your side ever again. And I'm sorry for making you wait 800 years for me," I said. He smiled before pulling me into a hug.

"I don't blame you, Aivi. I blame myself for not protecting you well. I promise to never let harm come to you again. I wouldn't be able to continue living without you and the children," he replied gently. I leaned forward and brought my lips to his in a kiss. Yong was quick to lay my back on the bed. He hovered over me as our kiss got more intense. His lips trailed down my neck before he was taking his clothes off. I was pulled out of my slip as Yong pulled the blanket over us. I didn't care if we weren't formally married yet anymore. I lost Yong once, and I hated the feeling. I wouldn't waste time with him anymore. I would give into my feelings and truly be Yong's. The alternative was too painful for me to stomach.