Picasso

Jack had made the two coffee, using the last of the grounds Davey had in the apartment. They watched the sunrise together and in all honesty that was probably the best morning of Jack's life. Jack was now swamped with catchup work, still no lectures. Davey left around half an hour later because of a class, telling Jack he could just stay in the apartment and he would be back soon.

      Jack sat slumped over at the desk, unable to study for most of the day because of how tired he was. He was barely hanging on to consciousness when he heard the click of a door handle

      "Jack? Im back!" Davey's voice rang through the apartment. It was quiet and gentle and made his heart soar.

        "Mm." Jack heard him walk across the room towards the desk, as the steps grew louder Jack's heart beat faster. He had really grown to love this nerd. 

         "Studying still?" Davey's volume never changed, his tone still sweet and smooth like honey.

        "Yeah." Jack rubbed his eyes, never looking away from the mounds of papers and textbooks.

         Davey leaned on the desk, looking everything over for a second. He sighed, moving to stand behind Jack and resting a hand on his shoulder.

       "You look like you could use a break." Davey put his other hand on Jack's opposite shoulder and began rubbing them.

         Jack took in a sharp breath. Davey probably had no idea he was driving Jack crazy with the simple gesture. "Im fine." He mumbled, relaxing as Davey continued rubbing his shoulders.

         "Mm." He could tell Davey was thinking. "Jack you're a mess." he spoke up after a second, his tone more exasperated now.

       "I'm fine, Dave, really." Jack leaned back against Davey's chest, his back cracking and aching after being hunched over for hours. He closed his eyes, just soaking in the moment.

       Davey moved his hands a little further down Jack's back, trying to relieve some tension. "You need to take care of yourself for a second."

         "I also need to study." Jack pushed, he figured the more he tried the longer Davey would stay. Davey leaned over Jack, his arms using Jack's shoulders for support as he closed the textbooks and took Jack's pencil from his hand.

         "You'll thank me later." He smiled softly.

        God he was perfect. Every little thing he did made Jack feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You know that feeling at, let's say, Christmas? When you see all the lights and are sitting in front of a fire with some hot cocoa. Your stomach just has a million butterflies. A million good, warm, beautiful butterflies.

        "Mm." Jack hummed, leaning towards Davey who began rubbing his shoulders again. Jack knew Davey was too shy to flirt on purpose. He would probably cave in and become a blushing mess. So this must not be intended, but it was still driving him crazy.

        "Need anything?"

          "Just for you to keep doing whatever this is." It was helping Jack a lot but he wasn't functioning enough right now to remember words. His mind was elsewhere, just thoughts of Davey. And his perfect smile and calming voice.

        Davey laughed "For how long?"

       And his laugh. Oh God his laugh. Jack wasn't caught in slow motion anymore. He was falling fast. But it was more of a jump he took himself, he was just waiting to hit the ground.

        "Mm. I'll let ya know when to stop." Jack smiled a little. Davey rested his chin on top of Jack's head

      "Do you need any help?"
      "Not unless you know a shit ton about Picasso-"
      "Did you know his name was 23 words long?"

      And there he went again, just rambling, but Jack was listening and not complaining. He could listen to Davey talk all day and never get tired of it.

      "I'm talking too much again aren't I?" Davey stopped after a while, taking his hands off Jack's shoulders.

      Jack shrunk at the sudden loss of contact "No it's fine." He turned around in the chair to face Davey "So, how'd your class go?"

      Davey groaned "College is hell."

      Jack gasped dramatically "David Jacobs? Swearing?"

      Davey rolled his eyes "You're ridiculous."

      "So what are you doing for Halloween?"

      Davey thought for a moment "Nothing. Les is going to some party, Sarah has to work a double, and I'm still lonely." He joked, sitting on the couch across from Jack.

      "You should come over." Jack suggested, a small smile on his face.

      "Sure why not?" Davey shrugged.

      "I'm telling you, Mush, I didn't take it!" Blink burst through the door.
      "Who would take it? David?" Mush gestured to Davey who pinched the bridge of his nose.

      "Hello to you too." Jack smirked.

      "Kelly! Wait Kelly?" Mush looked between the two.

      "Uhhh, yeah?" Jack looked up at Davey who avoided eye contact. He raised an eyebrow.

      "The reunion can wait, out, out." Blink shooed Jack away.

      "Wow, way to make a guy feel special." He rolled his eyes.

      "Oh shut up Kelly, you get enough attention." Mush shrugged off his coat.

      Jack snorted "Yeah yeah whatever. See ya Dave!"
      "Bye Jackie!"