New girl: shonen protagonists can't catch a break; but he makes it work

So after that shaky reunion, while the craft team worked of the ship's makeover, you all gathered around to discuss your next move and to try and predict what Xeno's will be. Hyouga suggested that he'd try a pirate-like approach which made you very happy that he made it go full circle. But Ryu's pilot instinct told him otherwise.
"As a pilot myself, I could tell from the way that plane was flying that it was a big show for us." he explained. "If Dr. Xeno is a sharp tactician...Maybe he wants us glued to this spot."
"Kukuku! Then where are our manners?" Senku smiled. "Let's not make our host do all the work when we can take the fight to them instead."
And so, an elite group, composed of Tsukasa, Hyouga, Ukyo and Suika, was instructed to join Chrome and Kohaku to get in Xeno's HQ and capture him. Oh and also bring Gen back.

Before they left, you went to talk to Tsukasa.
"(Y/n)..." he said, a bit worried.
"Don't worry," you smiled. "I'm not gonna ask to go with you guys. Just," your smile faded. "please make sure to bring Xeno here. I need to talk to him. I..." you looked down. "I want to understand why he's doing this."
He smiled and patted your head.
"I will, trust me."
And then he left, you noticed Hyouga was looking at you.
"...You've matured."
"I better have, you kidding me?" you chuckled, you didn't expect him to say that.
He kept his gaze on you for a brief moment before leaving with the others.
'He's changed too.' you thought, smiling.

You helped with the ship's makeover as much as you could. Thankfully, Mozu didn't try anything now that he had open field, though you would feel him staring at you and you didn't want to know what he was thinking when he did. The reason why he kept his distance was because, before they left, Tsukasa and Hyouga had a private conversation with him. It surprised you that Hyouga would agree to do this but nevertheless, when they came back, Tsukasa assured you that Mozu won't try anything.
So here you were, taking your break, sitting in your corner with your water. You were looking at the sky in a moment of absentmindedness. At one point you let out a long sigh.

"Still thinking about Xeno?"
You looked back and saw Senku walking over.
"Mostly about the synth he made for me." you smiled.
"Figured." he smiled, sitting beside you.
"Like, I know he made it as a bait and all but-" you stopped yourself, embarrassed to admit it. "I really do wanna go to his place now!" you wheezed.
"Heh, understandable." he leaned back. "But don't worry, once we capture him and take over, you'll have all the instruments you want."
"I wonder what else he made. Probably a much better electric guitar, a stylophone-" you gasped. "Do you think he made a working turntable?!"
"It's probable, the primitive version anyway, their technology is more advanced."
"Oh man..." you looked back at the sky with a dreamy look.

"Speaking of him," Senku said. "are we gonna talk about the fact that you were penpals with my mentor and never told me about it?"
"What? Are you jealous?" you laughed.
"Honestly, I just don't understand why you didn't tell me. I wouldn't have cared."
You took a moment to think.
"Maybe it was so I could have that reaction from you." you glanced at him with a little smirk, he frowned, knowing it wasn't the real answer. "I don't really know. At the time, you seemed to always know everything. Maybe child-me wanted to keep it a secret so that it'd be the one thing you didn't know about... And by the time we went to high-school, my relationship with Xeno became its own thing, something unrelated to you." you shrugged. "It was just a nice friendly penpal relationship, it was a good way to take a break from everyday life. At least that's how I saw it, and I thought it was how he saw it too but now..." you looked down.
"You can ask him when you meet face-to-face."
You smiled at each-other.

"Help me please!" someone suddenly shouted in Engligh.
The two of you rushed to the ship's entrance where a crowd gathered, a girl around your age ran towards you and tripped over. She looked up at you all, covered in dirt.
"I'm..." she spoke in Japanese now, tears in her eyes. "I'm desperate to run away from that horrid Dr. Xeno and his kingdom!"
You exchange a look with Senku, it was clear he didn't believe her either. He briefly glanced at her then at you. You could tell he was waiting for permission for something, and although you didn't know what or why, you trusted him and nodded. He walked over to the girl and kneeled before her.
"Are you hurt miss?" he softly asked, making you tense up. "Have no fear, you're safe now. Please, come unto our ship."
"...Th-thanks." she blushed.
Well, he sure caught you off guard. But thankfully, you managed to keep calm as Kirisame picked her up bridal style and escorted her on the ship.
"Let's get you some first-aid bellow deck!" Taiju said, leading the way.