Sneak Peak of "Complicated"

Cierra's POV

*December, 2019*

I pulled my brother and sister down with me, trying to spy on our parents through the window.

"C, can we just go in? I am so fucking cold. I swear, living near a beach sounds amazing but these bloody winds. And we just—" Ric, my brother, stopped talking when he looked inside the window.

My mom and dad were there. Dancing slowly to some music we couldn't hear. Despite not being able to hear the music, I could tell they were perfectly in sync and rhythm with each other. However, that isn't what made me watch them with awe, I loved the way they looked at each other. The whole time. They looked in each other's eyes as they swayed to the music, not saying a word but clearly saying so much just with their eyes. My parents are so in love. Whereas most teenagers would find it disgusting, I admired them. It's their love that allowed me to become a part of their family. My family. I want what they have. For as long as they've had it.

But no, instead of that, I had a completely different reputation and relationship. Well... multiple relationships, if you could even call them that.

"Kathy wait!" Ric tried to stop my sister but she went in anyway, clearly still pissed off about what happened on our trip. Boys are assholes. We followed my sister in an attempt to stop her but we all ended up falling to the ground, toppling on top of each other, inside the house. Remus and Willow came up to us and started licking our faces, making all of us except Kathy giggle. My mom crossed her arms over her chest and gave us her signature 'explain this shit or you're never leaving the house' look.

"Hiiii Mami." Ric and I sing songed. My dad waved his wand in the air and the music immediately stopped, but instead of being mad he smiled at Ric.

"FREDDY!" My dad yelled, and Ric shoved us off of him and ran over to my dad, hugging him tightly. Kathy scoffed and got up, brushing herself off and heading upstairs without saying a word to anyone. Being 16 fucking sucks. I remember that very clearly. My mom looked at her worriedly as Kathy walked up the stairs and slammed the door closed. Ooo... mom's gonna kill her for that. But instead of being mad, my mom sighed and sat down on the sofa, patting the place next to her for me to sit down. I sat down next to her and hugged her tightly, having missed my mom. She and I are close, she and I had both been adopted into loving homes.

"What happened to your sister?" She asked me.

"She's being fucking dramatic is what happened." Ric scoffed and slapped his hand over his mouth as soon as the words came out. My mom smacked his arm playfully.

"Don't talk about your sister like that." She reprimanded and he chuckled lightly, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Sorry Mami." He apologized and she smiled at him. It must be so easy to be forgiven when you look exactly like Dad, but have mom's eyes. Stupid genetics. "But she is. I mean it's not even that big of a deal."

"You are such an ass. Shut the hell up. Just because you treat girls like shit doesn't mean that it's okay she got treated that way by some other stupid boy." My anger got the best of me and Ric's eyes widened in panic, fearing my mom and dad.

"You treat girls like what now?!" My mom yelled.

"What the bloody hell did I tell you, Frederick?" My dad reprimanded, "Girls aren't property, they have feelings. They're people too. You don't treat them like objects." Ric sighed and glared at me, but I couldn't care less.

"It's not like that." Ric tried to defend himself but I shushed him.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to my mom, "Okay, so you two know Fred, right?" My mom and dad nodded. "Well, Kathy and him have always been best friends, but recently she's seen him as... more than a friend." I saw my dad clench his fists tightly and my mom but her hands over them, visibly calming him. "And he was there too. In the Poconos. We didn't know, we only thought that our cousins: Hugo and Rose would be there." Technically I'm not lying, they were there. But we planned that, for the whole gang to be there: Fred, Roxanne, Hugo, Rose, James, Albus, Lily, even Nova and Damon, who had actually convinced their moms, Luna and Heaven to let them come. However, all the parents thought it was just a family trip between their own families, or in our case, my family and Auntie Hermione, no one knew what the trip truly was for. And they could never find out about what happened on it either. That would screw us all over, especially me, being the oldest.