Chapter 15

Four days after I got home, I was feeling incredibly bored. Kian had to do almost everything for me and the fact that I could hardly get in and out of bed by myself.

It sucks because I really hate running yet all I want to do is get out if this damned chair and run a marathon. I would rather do almost anything than be in this chair.

After I get dressed which, let me tell you is pretty hard, I wheel myself out of the bedroom and I can hear Kian cooking something in the kitchen that makes a lot of popping noises. I can hear Christopher's giggles and the low hum of Kian saying something. He's probably just talking to Christopher, so I roll to the bathroom that is across the hall from our temporary room to brush my hair and teeth.

While I'm brushing my teeth, a sudden yell from Kian startles me, making me jump up.

"What the hell do you think? No! I can't!" He says loudly. Is e on the phone? "No... You-"

Silence follows that. For a good while, I wonder what is going on. I roll out of the bathroom as quietly as possible and down through the carpeted hallways to the corner just before I reach the kitchen, staying hidden.

Kian is now whispering something into the phone.

I try to decipher what he's saying, but I can hardly hear the sound of the whisper.

After listening as intently as possible, he finally sighs. "Fine. Okay. Whatever, yeah I'll be there."

I hear his phone slam the counter. I want to immediately go in there and ask him where he's going to be and what the phone call was about, but I don't want to seem like I've been eavesdropping.

After waiting a few minutes, I roll myself into the kitchen where Christopher is in a bouncer on the floor and Kian is cooking bacon and eggs.

"Good morning!" I say, announcing myself. Kian looks back at me, a little but of worry in his eyes.

"Morning, beautiful. Did you sleep well?" He asks me, slightly turning back to flip bacon.

"As well as I can!" I joke, laughing a little bit even though it was completely true.

"Don't worry, the next eight weeks will pass quicker than you think."

"I sure hope so," I comment, rolling over to Christopher and leaning over to attempt to get him out of the bouncer. Once I do, I set him on my lap. I'm anxious to ask Kian what was wrong, but I don't know how I should approach it.

I keep my wheelchair next to the island, watching him. He grips the counter tightly, leaning against it for support. His eyebrows are scrunched and for what I can tell there are worry lines on his forehead.

"Kian?" I say gently, gaining his attention. When he looks over at me, he looks tired. I would be too if I had to constantly help someone who can't get in and out of bed.

"You okay?" I ask, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm great." He quickly dismisses the question and turns back to the stove. He holds up a plate of bacon to me, then eggs. "Breakfast?"

*****

That night, Kian and I sit on the couch with Christopher in our room sleeping. I have the baby monitor right next to me just in case he wakes up. My wheelchair is in front of me, a resting place for my legs.

While Kian and I are watching TV, he turns and places a kiss on my forehead. I turn to him and then he places his lips on mine.

We kiss deeply for a few moments before he slightly pulls away, his lips hovering next to mine. "Dammit," he whispers.

"What's wrong?" I ask him quietly. I open my eyes and look up at him.

He sighs before fully pulling away from me.

"Madison," he says before an elongated pause. I wait expectantly. "I have to fly to Orlando in a few days."

A few days.

Orlando.

"What?" I respond, not quite understanding. He's leaving me here like this.

"I was supposed to go back tomorrow which was planned before your accident. But I called them to ask if filming could be delayed and Thursday was the longest they could delay it," he tells me, guilt covering his features.

I scrunch my eyebrows, still confused. "You're the director! You're saying that you can't just tell them to wait?"

This is ridiculous.

"Yeah, but the producer can drop me if I try. I argued as much as i could to get the dates changed and this was the best I could do."

"The best you could do? Did you forget to mention the part where your wife can't even walk one foot? I can't take care of Christopher and myself without your help, Kian!" I yell, my anger quickly getting the best of me. It's probably my fear fueling the anger.

"Madison, I can't do anything about it! I won't get to do this movie if I don't go!" He pleads with me to understand, but I won't have it. This is ridiculous.

"And if you do go what the hell am I supposed to do?" I retort, motioning towards my leg.

"Audrey can help you. Or you can learn how to do things yourself! Did you think I would be able to stay with you the whole eight weeks? The sooner you become more mobile, the better! You shouldn't expect me to be here helping you all the time." Am angry tone has overtaken his voice as he spits these words out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was such a burden to help, Kian! You know what? You're right! I don't need your help so as far as I'm concerned, you can leave right now. Go have fun with your movie. I'll take care of Christopher!" Suddenly, I'm pulling the wheelchair from me and trying to transfer myself.

"That's not what I meant Madison!" He says back. Then he noticed me trying to get into my wheelchair. "Here-" he tries to help me but I quickly slap his hand.

"I don't need your damn help," I tell him, finding my way I to my wheelchair before taking off the brakes and backing the chair up.

"Maddie," he says, but I don't let him get any further.

"Goodnight Kian," I say before wheeling myself to the bedroom I've been staying in and locking the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys are too good. Dang.

So it was a little over 24 hours but I had a forensics tournament and I got done with it so here you go!

Thank you for meeting the goal!

So this time I'm going to set a slightly different goal.

130 votes and 100+ comments because last time I got 8 comments versus the like 200 I've gotten before. So to prompt your comments, here are the numbers!!!! Yayyyy

1.) Kian will go to Orlando

2.) Kian will not go to Orlando

3.) Maddie is going to be mad either way

4.) theyll make up quickly like always.

5.) Kian needs to set his priorities straight

6.) Kian should go to Orlando and Maddie is overreacting.

7.) SLAY KIAN

8.) SLAY MADDIE

love you guys! Thanks for being amazing!!!

xox -Delilah