1

"What about April?" Dinah, her foster sister, who was lying on top of one of the two bunks in the room while playing Candy Crush, questioned "She's cute."

"She doesn't like girls, Dinah, I told you twice. And I don't like her" She immediately refused while wrinkling her nose "Black or red?" She asked when placing two sweaters in front of her body, finding herself completely undecided.

"Red says you're sexy and daring," observed Normani, another of her foster sisters, who was lying on top of the other bunk bed with a laptop on her legs

"But the black says you're a tough, intimidating girl, and you go to work at a tattoo shop while you try to pretend your skin is full of ink, so I think that'll keep the curious away," observed Ally, the oldest of them. She was doing a test in a magazine next to Normani.

"I guess I'm going safe" She decided while removing the blue T-shirt that was now full of Seth's paintings and drool.

"Speaking of going safe... you can go with Ariana -Dinah suggested casually.

The room was quiet.

"I broke up with her six months ago, Dinah. I'm not going with Ariana, let alone for Milika to let you go to a party with your stupid boyfriend."

"Come on, Mila. Please," she begged making a pout. The tattoo artist rolled her eyes.

"I will," she ended up giving in "but definitely not with Ariana. You'll have to find someone else."

"How about Marco? He's gay, you get along and I'm sure he'll get away from you as soon as he sees how many boys there are."

Marco had been Dinah's first boyfriend. They separated after a week, because he had realized that he liked boys and Dinah... she just liked another guy. However, after their failed affair, they had kept in touch.

"You'll have to talk to him" Camila accepted with a shrug. Quickly the black sweater passed with her head, and with a sigh she sat down in front of the vanity mirror.

Dinah let out a shriek.

"You're the best foster sister in the world, Mila!"

"What about me?! I'm amazing!" Normani said offended.

"You are, but when I asked you to join me, you refused and said you'd rather stay with Ally than do crafts."

"That's because I'm her favorite" Ally bragged while cuddling with Normani, a slight smile decorating her lips.

"It's actually because I hate Dinah's boyfriend..."

"Mani!"

Camila laughed from her place as she tried to put on makeup to make herself look a little more mature and professional.

"What are you tattooing today, Mila? Asses or something?" Dinah attacked with her very typical curiosity.

"I don't know" She responded by looking at her distracted foster sister through the mirror reflection. She didn't seem interested at all "I have a couple of appointments with some brothers who want their parents' names on their wrists and an old lady who plans to get a tattoo of a butterfly on her chest... I suppose the rest will be a surprise."

She looked in the mirror, amazed at the powers of her makeup. She looked older, professional, intimidating. And she liked it, because that way no one would ask any questions.

She loved being a tattoo artist and could not imagine being anything else, but every time she had to hide because of the possibility that her work was discredited by the lack of ink in her body she felt sadness.