Chapter 23

"HAYDEN!" Draco yelled as he ran back to the bed.

He couldn't help but panic in this situation, not knowing what to do. He tried to look through the flames to see Hayden, but it was like the boy had disappeared!

Without a moment of thought, Draco grabbed a corner of the comforter ready to completely drag the thing right off the bed to try and get to Hayden, but before he could, a hand took a hold of wrist, keeping it from moving.

When Draco looked up to see who would dare stop him, he saw Tom staring at him.

"It is best to leave the fire alone so it can do what needs to be done. Do not disrupt it" Tom said, letting go of Draco's hand as the boy's grip on the blanket loosened, tears welling in his eyes.

"I feel so helpless" Draco said, voice heavy with tears.

"It will be alright, Draco" Severus said. Draco didn't even notice the man enter the room, much less Tom for that matter.

"Hayden will be just fine within the hour. We just have to be patient"

---

A little under an hour later, Draco still stood by the bed, watching the flames, anxiously waiting for them to die down.

Tom and Severus were both seated on the couch in Hayden's room, Severus asleep with his head on Tom's shoulder.

After what felt like hours upon hours, the fire finally began to die down. Severus woke back up upon feeling the fire surrounding his son beginning to die out.

Soon all three were standing around Hayden's bed, but when the fire went out, Hayden was nowhere to be seen.

The fire hadn't damaged a single thing in the room or on the bed itself, it was almost like there was never a fire there to begin with. The only thing that was different was the small mound under the ash covered blankets on the bed.

The mound wiggled a little before letting out a small whine of distress.

Severus felt a tug in heart at the sound and pulled back the blanket to see exactly what was hiding underneath.

To Draco's surprise, pulling back the blanket revealed a little baby Hayden who merely looked up at them with his big heterochromatic eyes.

All three men stood around the bed looking down at the child with shock all over their faces.

Tom and Severus had expected their child's rebirth, and when it finally did happen they were relieved, but they just couldn't help the wave of emotions that overtook them at seeing their first and only child as a baby once more.

Severus was the first to break out of their trance at the sight of Hayden's big gem eyes filling with tears. Quickly, he reached and scooped his child into his arms along with the blanket, making sure he was snug and cuddling him into his chest.

"My beautiful baby boy" Severus whispered to Hayden, as Tom soon joined in on their hug.

---

By the time Severus was finally able to get Hayden to go to sleep, it was already way past midnight. Severus took a seat on a couch by the fireplace in Tom's office where the man in question was hurting to finish up his last minute work.

Severus held Hayden in his arms, admiring his child that he was getting a second chance with.

After a couple minutes of sitting by the fire Tom came and joined them, tucking Severus' hair behind his ear so he could kiss his cheek before resting his head on the ravenette's shoulder.