VII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

After heading to the Apple store to see what they could find on the drive and managing to avoid the Hydra corrupt S

After heading to the Apple store to see what they could find on the drive and managing to avoid the Hydra corrupt S.T.R.I.K.E. Squad. Steve and Natasha make their way to the given location: New Jersey where the old army base that Steve was trained in was.

Natasha and Steve exited the truck that Steve so casually 'borrowed' from the mall parking lot. The remains of the abandoned Camp Lehigh stood before the two as they carefully made their way through the gates.
"The file came from these coordinates," Natasha told Steve, pulling out her scanner to try and pinpoint the exact signal she had tracked.

"So did I. This is the camp where I was trained," Steve told her.

"Changed much?" Natasha asked Steve as she walked further scanning the area for the signal, but stopped when she turned back to Steve. He stood at the base of the stairs, looking out onto the path and into the woods.

"This is a dead-end," Steve snapped out of his haze, looking over to Natasha who was near the main building. "Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." Steve started and Natasha waited for him to speak.

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. That building is in the wrong place."

The duo quickly moved toward the building across the way. Steve moved ahead of the Romanov, breaking open the lock on the door with his shield before pulling it open, the two moved inside the dark building. The lights lining the room flickered on one by one, illuminating the faces of the trio. As the lights reached the end, the familiar symbol hung on the wall and came to life.

"This is SHIELD," Natasha spoke as they moved further into the room.

"Might be where it started," Steve said looking around the forsaken room.

They maneuvered themselves into one of the side rooms, stopping in their tracks as they came upon the free frames that hung on the wall before them."There's Stark's father," Natasha commented.

"Howard," Steve said staring at the framed photo of the late Howard Stark.

The order started with Colonel Phillips, Howard Stark, and a small frame of a little girl with familiar brown eyes.

"Who's the girl?" Natasha asked referring to the picture of Agent Peggy Carter. But she couldn't help but closely examine the photo of the young girl who seemed rather familiar but she couldn't figure out why.

Steve looked at the frame of Peggy, then quickly averted his eyes and ignored Natasha's question as they moved down the hall. Nat only followed behind not getting into a conversation about it.

Steve walked forward and inspected the wall of shelving before them. He looked back at Nat.

"If you're already working in a secret office...why do you need to hide the elevator?"