𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @Soe1eevee4life

Title: Embraces

I like hugs- that's all there is to it. Hugs on a good day make then even better, hugs on a bad day make them okay, and that's that. No one really gets that as we now live in a time where if you randomly hug someone, there's gonna be questions. You have to be very precise on who's arms you run into or else you'll get a barack of questions, wondering if you're okay.

I chose Michelangelo Hamato.

The oldest, Leo, wasn't too fond of hugs. He didn't understand them, especially random ones. The one time I asked him for a hug prompted a twenty minute talk about why I needed one.

Raphael, well, did I even need to explain? I'd never seen him hug anyone unless he was putting them into a headlock.

Donnie actually gave really good hugs. Because he was so tall it helped me feel like I was being swallowed by his figure, safe and completely sound. But unfortunately, he was also the busiest turtle so that went out the window.

That's why I chose Mikey. He was the perfect candidate. Bubbly, nice, a little on the fresher side in terms of brain usage; but that's why he was perfect. He never asked why I needed a random hug whenever I ran into the lair seeking him out, and if someone else did, mostly Donnie, he would shoo them away and hug me even tighter. I like to think he needed hugs as often as I did, but I knew that was just me trying to relate to him and excuse myself for constantly seeking him out.

That's why the one day Michelangelo wasn't around was the day that I almost lost my mind.

++++++++++

I was having one of the worst days I'd ever had to deal with since I'd first met the turtles. I'd woken up late and had to run the half mile to school, getting to first period fifteen minutes late. Then, I'd found out that my best friend was going to be absent from school for a week for getting into a fight with the local bully, pushing his friends and everyone else to single me out.

That was the worst thing about it. Not that I was bullied or late, or even that my mom had slapped me when I'd gotten home for being late because I was taking homework to my friend's house.

It was being alone.

After finishing the horrendous punishment chores my parents had cooked up for me, I finally was able to say I was going to bed and sat on my floor, waiting for my parents to go to bed. Around eleven is when I finally heard my dad snoring, so I grabbed my phone and opened my window, stepping out on the fire escape. Thankfully, ours was still new, so it barely made any sound as I stepped onto it and hurried down the stairs.

++++++++++

Ten minutes later, I was rushing into the lair, heart pounding and eyes pulsing with an oncoming migraine. The living room was empty, no one around to help me. Throwing my hands down to my sides with frustration, I ran my hands through my hair and ran towards Donnie's lab, intent of finding the youngest turtle no matter how long it took me.

"Donnie!" I threw myself into his lab as I immediately started looking around for my savior. He wasn't in there. "Dang it!" I slammed my hand down on the doorframe and pushed myself away as I stalked back towards the living room. I don't even think Donnie heard me, him being under the Shellraiser with a pair of headphones snaking into his belt.

Mikey wasn't in his room.

At this point, I started crying, becoming frustrated with Mikey, his brothers, and myself. Where was he? Why couldn't I find him? Where was everyone?

"What are you looking for?" at the sound of Leo's voice, I jumped and glanced over my shoulder, wiping my face as I did so. I didn't want him knowing I was crying because of something so trivial.

"Uh, n-nothing. I was just, uh, gonna go h-home. I have some stuff I-I need to do anyways, s-so I'll go now. I'm sorry," at that, I tried to run past him, keeping my head down so he wouldn't see my tear-streaked face. I made my way home and slammed myself into my bed, full-fledged sobbing now as the sounds of cars and late trains lulled me to sleep.

At least, that's what I would've liked to happen.

Instead, as I passed Leo, he reached out and grabbed a hold of my arm, effectively stopping me in my tracks. At this, I began crying again, trying to keep myself quiet. Why, why was I crying again?

"Can you let me go?" I whispered, pathetically tugging my arm a little just to make sure he knew what he was doing. Instead, he planted his other hand on that same shoulder and shifted the one that was already holding me to my other arm. Now, he was grasping both of my shoulders and was wheeling me to stand in front of him.

"No," he said in a steely voice, staring into my eyes as I shifted them around the room to avoid his gaze, aware of them being red and puffy. I didn't even want to think about the bags that were under them; black and bruised.

"Why? I just want to go home-" he cut me off with a shake of his head.

"You're not going anywhere until-" I squeezed my eyes shut and then looked up at him with a sigh.

"Until I what? Tell you about my problems? Okay, fine. First, I had to run a half mile to school this morning just to find out that my friend is going to be out of school for a week for getting into a fight! Not to mention that the person he fought is out so his friends are deciding to single me out, but whatever. Then, I got slapped by my mom for being late home but that's cool, I don't care about that. I, I just needed someone to be there for me because all day I was alone. I hate being alone and now I just need a hug or something. I-I need Mikey. Where is he, I need him or I'm gonna go crazy-" Leo cut off my slowly escalating rant by throwing his arms around me. As his arms met on my back, I slowly tilted my head back and closed my eyes as I cried again, quietly sniffing and hiccuping into the air.

Leo's hug felt good. It felt safe, like nothing would ever hurt me. As his arms wrapped even tighter around me, I smiled as I looked at him. He was almost on his knees, surely wondering if it would be okay to pick me up so he could stand up straight again. Lifting my feet up a little to show he could, he did exactly that as he sighed and adjusted me so I wouldn't fall.

"Mikey's not here. He had the solo patrol," Leo whispered as I finally hugged him back, wrapping my arms as tight as I could around his neck without choking him. Leaning his face down into my neck, he took a deep breath through his nose and muttered, "Do you wanna stay here for tonight? You can wait until Mikey gets back." Smiling a little, I shook my head and rubbed my lips together before speaking.

"He'll be tired when he gets back. Uh, do you mind if I-" he cut me off with a chuckle, starting towards his bedroom. "Thank you, Leo," I whispered, already falling asleep in his strong embrace.

"Your welcome, (y/n). You're safe now, you can sleep," so, that's exactly what I did. 

++++++++++

There will be no bonus chapter for my new book here cuz I done goofed sooo I'm sorry.

LMAOO i remember being so mad when i posted that^^