19

nyla

"you guys must have caught something while out yesterday," Elena says

"the flu?" Mateo asks,

"maybe. or maybe food poisoning." she checks my forehead with the back of her hand. "are you ok, Mija?"

i nod my head, holding my stomach. doesn't help that I started my period today either.

Mateo and I both woke up with extreme nausea. I woke up before him and thought it was just a side effect of my birth control or period.

"I'm going to make some soup, keep drinking that ginger ale" Elena says before getting up and leaving.

"did you text Arsenio and ask him if he and jas are sick?" i ask Mateo, rolling over so my face is in his side.

"yeah. he said he's fine." Mateo answers. 

we hear a small knock on the door before a small voice asks "may i come inside?"

"come little man," Mateo says to Zay.

Zay's small feet pad across the floor before he jumps onto the bed.

"Are you guys sick?" he asks sitting in between us.

"yeah." i nod. "is someone painting their nails?" i ask before i start to feel nauseous again.

"i painted my nails with Malik." Zay shows his green nails. his small fingers wiggling in excitement.

i turn to the edge of the bed and throw up in the garbage as I felt my stomach disagree with the smell.

"oh shit, Zay!" i hear Mateo exclaim, the bed moving with his weight being lifted off.

"I'm sorry." Zay's small voice panics.

"it's ok, buddy. Nyla don't move." i hear Mateo say.

"what happened?"

"Zay puked on the bed and on himself," Mateo says going into the bathroom.

i get off of the bed looking at the stained sheets. "this is the third time we've had to change these in 24 hours." i mumble.

"everything ok up here?" Elena asks coming into the room. her eyes widen at the scene in front of her.

"i think i triggered Zay." i grimace.

"Dio. ok I'll get more sheets, let me take these ones." she comes and helps me take off the bed.

"he just fell asleep while I was bathing him." Mateo comes out of the bathroom holding Zay who's wrapped in a towel.

"maybe this is a sign to go home. even Zay said he misses Miami." I say walking up to them.

"are you sure you want to go back so early?" Mateo asks.

"Yeah. end of the week, maybe." I shrug.

"i'll talk to my parents." he kisses my head and i lean my head against his chest.

"thank you," i mumble looking up at him.

"Anything for you."

____________________

"why do you have to leave so early?" Briana asks as we sit in on of my childhood bedrooms.

it's Wednesday now, Mateo and I stayed in the penthouse yesterday even though we felt better.

had to make sure.

now I'm at my grandma's house with Briana and Jada. Jordan's out playing basketball with some guys from his school and Noah left early for the holidays next week.