1. CONTEMPLATING CHOICES

This is a sequel! I repeat...THIS IS A SEQUEL! (I had to repeat this since very few people read authors notes)

If you've already read the first book, then, please continue, I hope you have fun.

The story picks up right after the first one ends.

Do vote and comment and share your thoughts.

Warning: The comment section has spoilers, read comments at your own risk.

*********************************

Chapter 1: CONTEMPLATING CHOICES

**********************************

Jensen's POV:

*************
(One week later)

I sat in my office, contemplating my decisions and choices.

Have you ever felt like there should be an undo button in real life?

Because I need it. I need an option of 'undo' at the click of my fingertips, and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to use it.
What the hell have I done?

The culprit was found.

Needless to say, I fucked up.

I went from feeling absolutely betrayed to immensely guilty in a matter of hours. This was the one time I wanted desperately to be proven wrong and not at the same time. If only I haven't been too hasty to jump to conclusions.

I kinda figured it wasn't her fault even before the investigation was over. I vividly remember the next morning when I had walked into my office and saw the resignation letter sitting alone on the table, staring back at me almost lamentably.

I knew she wouldn't have resigned if she was truly responsible.

It was like a punch in the gut because it wasn't until that time did my actions actually weighed down on me, and made me realise the consequences.

"What the hell were you thinking, you demented moron?" Josh had said a variation of this sentence for the umpteenth time.

Yeah...Josh is here.

I was not in a mood to entertain him. It's almost like he has a radar, and he shows up at the most erroneous scenarios.

"Just because you've been deceived in the past doesn't mean everyone is out to get you!" He said, "Couldn't you tell Alex would never do something like that?"

He keeps asking me all these questions, even after we have established the fact that I wasn't exactly 'thinking' that day.

"Argh..." was my smart reply.

To be honest, everything with Alex was too good to be true, too right, and when I saw something wrong I thought this was it, this is what it's been leading up to... I can never be truly happy... Little did I know I'd be ruining what little joy I was fortunate to have, myself with my own emotional overthinking stupidity.

After a thorough investigation, everything was revealed about how the whole 'ruining the company's credibility' was a plan of another one of my rivals and they used an employee from my tech department to execute it. I have my doubts that Carson is somehow involved, it reeks of his narrow-minded pettiness. After everything Alex had told me, he very well would have wanted some form of revenge.

The HR and IT took care of it, a lot of people including myself were held responsible, some employees were fired when found guilty, the board would have told me to step down as well if it wasn't for me being the company owner, I took full responsibility for the loss though and everything was now in the process of restoration.