Chapter 25: The Unforseen

Jayden's POV

Kyra and I sat in the car and the chauffeur drove us to the venue. I looked at her and she gave me a small smile. She had been looking at me the whole time.

"I did quite a great job. You look perfect, Kyra," I said and she flashed me a brighter smile, revealing a set of white teeth.

"You should do my make up more often. It's fun and I feel really special when someone like you does my make up."

"Someone like me?"

"Yes. My husband."

"I wish we had met in better circumstances," I admitted and she sighed.

"I always wish so as well. They say everything happens for a reason, so there should be a reason."

"I wish I knew it. This marriage was like the biggest test of my life, you know."

"But then, what was the point of getting married if we were to divorce after a year anyway. Why not just not get married in the first place?" Kyra asked, putting her hand on top of mine. Her nails were really cute.

"I have a girlfriend whom I had promised to marry."

"So had you not been with Kylie we'd have been stuck with each other for life?"

"Yes. This would have been a lifetime arrangement. They had to put Kylie into consideration," I explained.

"And you too. You didn't want me and you'd be sad for the rest of your life with me. It's a good thing we'll get rid of each other. What will be the reason for our break up?"

"That's not yet fully decided, but it's somewhere along the lines of falling out of love with each other."

"What if I really fall in love with you?" she asked looking at me, her eyes shining brighter than ever.

"Would you be willing to take the risk?"

"Love happens, Jay. It's never planned. If that happens to me, I'll leave immediately," she joked.

"You can't run away from your feelings, Kyra. You'll just be hurting yourself."

"So what else would I do? This love thing is really scary and complicated."

"Have you ever been deeply in love with someone to a point of no return?" I asked and Kyra chuckled.

"I don't think so. My social life is awkward. I think me and love don't really get along. I mess up all the time. I'm scared of disappointing and at the same time, I'm afraid of getting hurt."

"Then you haven't found the right person yet," I said and I put my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me again. I liked how she paid attention.

"Eventually, someone will come along and that person will love you for who you are. You won't need to put an effort. You won't be afraid of getting hurt either. You'll be willing to take all the risks," I advised her. Like where on earth was I even getting all that stuff?

"I'll remember your words always. Thank you for being an amazing friend."

"I'd bet a billion dollars that thank you is number one in your life dictionary. You won't stop thanking for every single thing."

"Should I be grumpy and ungrateful then?"

"No. I like you just the way that you are."

"You are being way too sweet these days. I like it though. The only problem is, I'm gonna miss you like hell when we divorce so don't spoil me too much dear husband," she said.