ₗᵤᵥ ᵢₛ ᵣₐgₑ ₂

Key in ignition, lil uzi vert blaring out the speakers, and two windows cranked all the way down.

Nick backed out of his parking garage, driving down a straight road for what felt like less than half a minute. He's found himself outside the 7/11 more often than he'd like to admit to himself.

Shooting a quick glance at his phone, he watched the white text change from 5:01 to 5:02, and as if on cue there was a (y/h/c) haired girl at the side of Nick's door.

Turning down the loud music blaring through his speakers so he can actually hear something, he turned to his left poking his head out the window, "Sorry, I'm not interested in buying oranges" he joked.

Y/n's lips visibly curled into a small smile that she couldn't fight off before he'd notice. "Just let me in, you idiot... and for God's sake play better music"

The snap of the doors unlocking were an invitation for the girl to get in, taking her place right next to Nick.

He took a second scrolling through his Spotify playlists to find an acceptable song to play, finally settling on SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK by Joji.

Y/n acknowledged the music, huffing with a short laugh, "wow, who hurt you?"

"A lesbian witch with cute mushroom earrings" Nick shrugged, making fun of himself.

"That sounds way too detailed for there not to be a story behind it"

"Hm, good thing we got the entire evening ahead of us. Plenty of time for stories."

"Sounds like an ideal way to spend my final moments before a shady cowboy with a half-beard drives me into the lake and lets me sink with the car" She ended her sentence there, but dug into her bag for a can of mace, making sure the driver could see the cylindrical object from the corner of his eye.

"Note to self: don't drive pretty female into lake" he said verbally acknowledging the aerosol spray in the girl's hands.

"You're getting way too comfortable, bro"

"You really just bro-zoned me, huh? Ouch"

Y/n only hummed in response, watching the road pass by behind the two while also taking in the great sights of Houston. It didn't take long til the tall city scape disappeared from view, replaced with flatlands and tall grass.

The smell of manure also infiltrated the vehicle. Out of repulsion, the driving brunette closed the windows,

"Hey genius, you trapped us in with the scent" y/n gagged, taking out a bottle of perfume and spurting a couple of drops acting as if it was febreeze.

Nick didn't protest though

"Now my car smells like you", he acknowledged with eyes still glued onto the road

"Yeah, now your future hookups should know their place, bitch" y/n declared with pride in her voice.

Nick followed up with a laugh, "huh, so you really think I get girls?"

"You're telling me you don't just barge into random convenience stores and start fucking around with the ridiculously hot workers?" She mocked sarcastically

He only nodded to her response, both hands on the wheels, fingers tapping along to the vibrations of the music.

About two songs passed until Nick forced out a cough, getting the girl's attention.

"So.... what's going on with you and that... Kai...? guy.. that's his name, right? You know, the asshole- I mean, guy you work with" He had to play a little dumb to hide the fact that he absolutely stalked the crap out of the dude less than an hour ago.