Our Time

"Our time is up."

Our time

"You've fought valiantly, but in vain... I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat... In their absence, dispose your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forrest... And confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

Harry's POV

Everything came to me in shock. Snape was in love with my mom the entire time and he was never the bad man I believe him to be. If anything, he was brave. After all this years I never realized the things he'd done for me. Now I can't even thank him for his actions. He's dead. I couldn't see any of this at all at first.

The part that took put me in permanent shock was me being a horcrux. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I've suspected this ever since I found out about my connection with the rest of the horcruxes. Evelyn must've known. It explains everything. Why she broke my wand, why she needed to come tonight. I need to go to the forest. I need to surrender myself to him. I need to die. It's the only way possible for everyone else to live.

I walked inside the great hall with Hermione and Ron noticing all the damage. Everyone in the order were busy aiding those who needed it. Many students were injured and even dead. Many that I recognized. Professor Lupin was handing out chocolates to those who were injured alongside Tonks. We joined the Weasley family surrounding Fred who's head was bleeding though the entire time he was smiling trying to not make others worried.

Behind the family was Fleur and Evelyn. The two were seated against the wall hugging each other. Evelyn's head was berried into Fleur's shoulders, crying. Hermione quickly rushed over kneeling behind her and rubbing her back. For a moment my world stopped.

"Evelyn, what happened?" Hermione asked softly. She looked up at us with teary eyes, exploding into tears again once she saw me.

"Mom's entirely gone," Evelyn whispered.

Hermione took her in her arms rubbing her back allowing her to cry into her shoulder. I had to resist the urge to hold her in mine. I know if I do, I'll never be able to leave. I just stood there watching the girl that meant more than anything for me. I had to resist everything. The urge to talk to her one last time. The urge to hold her one last time. The urge to kiss her one more time.  I slowly backed away walking towards Fred and George while she wasn't looking. Each step was heavy and full of regrets but I kept walking.

"Hey Fred," I said not taking my eyes off of her.

"How you doing Harry," Fred replied.

"Do you mind holding her back for me?"

"You're not thinking about going to the forest are you?" George said walking up beside me.

"There's nothing much I can do is there?"

The two didn't reply for we all knew what had to be done. Though no one said anything, we were all tired and afraid. Many lost their family tonight. Many lost their loved ones tonight. I know everyone was afraid that they may loose someone else, someone more... Themselves.