The Greed Demon

Lucifer slams the golden chest close. She leans on it to rest after using all of her strength to stuff in the portal where she banished the newly dethroned King. I take a few steps closer to her, not really trying to conceal my presence as I let the golden chains that I had looted, shake and ring.

        The Queen glares at me. A small smirk appears in her tired expression.

       "You did good Mammon. Finally this place can start... not being such a mess." She stretches her arm.

     Seeing as I'm already here, I eyed her. Admiring that admittedly amazing body of hers. I heard Angels were built perfectly and I guess this former messenger is no exception. Call me Greedy but I think these treasures in my hand aren't the only valuables here...

       "You ran this place dry of treasure already?" She asked. "Because I'll start to lock this place down."

       "Oh? You're not gonna live here?" I asked quizzically, I admired this castle for years, I didn't think I'd be abandoning it so soon.

        "Oh please, what's there to do here? Besides everything outside is all ruins, no one can get here without getting lost.   How about a base close to where the demonfolk are, easy accessibility and easy management. It will be convenient for them... and us."

      "Us?" I emphasized with a playful smirk. Well of course, a Queen needs a King after all...

"Yes, us.... You, me.... Beelzebub, Modeus a few more others. I'll call it the seven sins, it seems appropriate." She continued.

"Oh..." I nodded disappointedly. "So I supposed you gave yourself the leading role?"

"I initiated all this, and it seems like most demons are willing for a new ruler... So it's only fair."

Lucifer smiled at me, I returned a fake one at her. She walked passed and I glare at her for a few moments. I grab a fancy looking hat that was hanged on one of the walls and put it on my head and pressed it down till it covered my eyes.

"Just a couple more years of playing along I guess..."

****

Fucking damn it.

I dragged myself on the ground. The ruins of the castle had inconsistently leveled terrain that made this shit even harder. The rock scraped on my body, I know even cut my skin and I'm starting to bleed. But right now my mind is too pissed off to even care about that.

I had it in my hand!

Shit, I thought Lucifer was fucking around when she suddenly just came falling down and told me to release King Anus. She even wanted to get the King's Jewel. I knew that was my chance! But I fucked it up— big time!

Because of this weak... Fragile... Useless body of mine. I let the power overwhelm me, the power that could have been mine!

As I found myself crawling for who knows how long, I see another demon on the floor. If I didn't know any better, there isn't just a random demon unconscious on the ground in these part of hell, And there would be no other demon that'd be knocked down except...

"Mammon....Mammon!! Help mee my loyal sssservant." The snake hissed.

I clicked my tongue and tried to support myself up on a broken wall. "Go help yourself asshole. I'm pretty sure you've been crawling for most of your sad life anyway."

"Pleasssee, you have ssserved me for ssso long, perhapss I treated you wrongly.."

"Yea sure... just die and rot already." I turned around to leave him.

"I know why the Jewel couldn't bond with you." He hissed. "And you can if you take this..."

I stopped on my tracks, I moved only my head back, prepared to leave if what he said was gonna be bullshit.

"That King's Jewel was the second thing I achieved to become all powerful... the first one... was my first sin." He raised his hand up, a small glow illuminated until a golden figure is in his hand.

"The forbidden fruit."

"Help me up, and you shall receive half of its power... together, we can retake hell and rise up and conquer all!"

I approached the snake, my eyes loomed in awe at the shiny fruit that was laid upon me. Just by staring I could sense its unprecedented power...

"Oh Mammon, you truly are my greatest servant."

"Don't fuck with me, old man." I chuckled. I pulled out a knife and cut off his arm. I took the fruit and smiled

"Arghhh..." the snake shrieked. He glared at me with his slitted eyes marking a disappointed frown. "You fool... Having the fruit isn't enough to give you half of its power."

"Half? You think i'll settle for that?" I looked down on him. "I'm taking the one your using as well..."

"W-what? No! You peasant demon isn't worthy of such power!"

"I'm not the same street-druggie you found in an alleyway, Janus." I slid the knife's blade over his neck. "I'm the sin of Greed... and what i want, I take. And no one else can have it."

****

This is the place... where we first found her.

Thousands of years ago, an angel was exiled and fell into hell. When I was brought with the King to check this out I met the helpless little fallen angel. Scared and quivering, serving under the king... And eventually, she was my superior.

We were one of the same. Weak souls that hit rock bottom... souls that crave to climb back to the top and gain power. Except she actually did and I didn't get anything....

I watched three winged demons fly towards the white misted rift in the sky. Usually, they close that almost right away. But something is happening and the gate is wide open....

I grabbed my phone and rang up Levi.

"Get the boys, we're having fun tonight."