Chapter 4 : The punishment

Barefoot, the young girl stepped down the giant marble staircase

Barefoot, the young girl stepped down the giant marble staircase. She eyed the glass chandelier above her head, watching it spread it's bright light across the entire hall. 

Wearing her usual hoodie and shorts, Ray waltzed into the dining hall, seeing the exquisite dinner prepared just for her and her family. Yet as she looked around, she noticed how empty the space is despite the huge amounts of food on the giant table.

Just then, a maid entered the room carrying a can of red bull, one of Ray's favorite drinks.

"Hey, where is everyone?" The girl asked her confused.

The maid first bowed before speaking. "Your father had to leave earlier this afternoon for an emergency business trip. Your older brother is dining out with clients tonight, and your mother also left somewhere."

"So, I'm here alone?"
"Yes." 

Ray sighed, waving her hand dismissively. "Alright, you can go." 

The maid bowed her head before leaving the can behind and scurrying out the door. 

The young girl let out a long, exasperated sigh as she looked over all of the food.

'As if I can eat this much.'
She thought, rolling her eyes.

She then proceeded to grab a plate, throwing different parts of the meal onto it as well as the can of red bull then left right out the door. After walking up the stairs, skipping a step each time, she ended up back in her luxurious bedroom and slammed the door behind her. 

Just as she walked up to her desk, she heard her alarm going off, signifying that she had to log onto Minecraft soon.

Ray ate her food at the speed of light, licking her lips as she turned on her PC and started the game. Her top-tier computer did not let her down and loaded it almost instantly, allowing her to swiftly get onto the Dream SMP.

She arrived at the same place that she had been yesterday, the huge sand pit which she had designed herself. It wasn't actually difficult, but surprisingly had worked although it wasn't up to plan.

She moved her head, seeing a bunch of name tags huddled not too far away. Sapnap whispered for her to join VC-1, which she did. 

"- you all have tried to plot against the Dream SMP, and will therefore receive your punishments." She heard Dream speaking in a confident voice, forcing her to immediately get over there.

Ray ran over the hill and arrived at a space that she did not recognize despite the tours that the others had taken her on.

It was a huge platform made out of dark stone, on it a couple of seats that were taken by members of the Dream SMP. In front of them was a tall podium, hosting none other than Dream himself. Then behind it was a huge structure made out of obsidian, divided into a couple of smaller cells with 1 block iron windows just to show who was inside. She quickly recognized that he hostages were the many citizens of L'manburg and other allies that had plotted against Dream the day before.

Silently, Ray made her was to one of the empty seats and proceeded to get 'seated' as she listened to Dream.

"You have to recognize, I can't let you off the hook." Dream said in a mocking tone, directing it towards the caged members. "Anywho."

He cleared his throat, calling up Eret to dictate their fates as he was the king of Dream SMP after all.

"Everyone with a few exceptions will be placed inside normal cells within the prison." Eret informed, earning himself a couple of gasps. "All are charged with a permanent stay until further notice."

"Now, let's proceed with the exceptions." He took out a book and opened it. "Ghostbur, for giving away crucial Dream SMP information after being trusted, will spend the rest of his days in the isolation chamber."

Murmurs erupted, some voicing shock and some confusion. 

Dream quickly chirped in, and despite not being able to see him, you could hear the malicious smile on his face. "A completely white room. Ghostbur won't be allowed out under any circumstance. Maybe that will help him... remember." He said the last word more gloomily.

"That's too cruel..." Fundy muttered under his breath, angst in his voice.

"Everyone quiet unless you want us to bathe him in some rain." Sapnap called out.

"No please don't do that!" Ghostbur whined in fear.

"Ahem." Eret cleared his throat to divert everyone's attention back to himself. "Tubbo and Quackity, for their poor choices made respectfully as presidents of L'manburg and El Rapids, will be locked inside the special cells within the prison." 

More shocked gasp, yadi yadi yada. Ray rolled her eyes, honestly just wanting to get this over with.

Sure, the story was interesting. But the dragged-out speeches and dramatic twists weren't much to her liking.

"And finally..." Eret paused to add tension. "Tommyinnit...

"You're thereby exiled once again." 

The entire discord call went ghostly silent, no one uttering a single word. Giving time for Tommy to display his shocked and disgusted facial expressions to his thousands of viewers.

"Oh you little fucking bastard-"
"And this time with a guarantee of no return." Eret concluded.

"DREAM TOLD YOU TO SAY THAT DIDN'T HE?!" Tommy began getting heated, turning to his aggressive screams. "YOU CAN'T JUST FUCKING EXILE ME AS YOU WISH YOU GREEN BLOB OF A MAN!"

"Oh wait Tommy..." Dream chuckled, walking down the podium and to the cell to the far right, which held the young, raging boy. "But I can."

You could hear Tommy's angry, incoherent rambling but it was drowned out by Dream's overpowering voice.

"Nyx!"

At the sudden mention of her name after zoning out, Ray jumped in her chair and got closer to her microphone. "Yes?"

"Help me escort Tommy. To a place very, very far away." Dream asked her politely.

Ray hummed, getting to her keyboard and walking towards the green man as he unlocked Tommy's cage with a lever and let him out. Just then, all of the other people L'manburg were getting let out, and loaded into minecarts and would lead them right to the prison.

In a fit of desperation, Tommy turned and screamed. "TUBBO!" 

"TOMMY!" The president of L'manburg did the same, his voice filled with sorrow.

"Oh please." Ray rolled her eyes, not even following the script. "Shut up."