30 || summit

"INDRA," I ANNOUNCED MY PRESENCE TO THE WOMAN WHO HAD HER BACK TURNED TO ME. We were in her bedroom of the tower. Titus shut the door behind himself as he left.

"Tahlia," The woman turned around, her voice completely monotone. I didn't know what to say. Indra stayed silent. She scares me. A lot.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," I admitted. "I wanted to tell you so badly but I had to keep it a secret." 

"I am not mad at you," Indra cut in. "I understand why you kept it a secret, it was actually smart of you to do that. I am, however, disappointed in you."

Disappointed is always worse than mad. Disappointment means a loss of trust. Trust is everything.

I gave her a look as if to ask why and she continued. "You are a warrior. You are smart. You have people who care about you. Yet you do something so careless and so stupid as running off by yourself like you did. You could have died!" Indra's tone got angrier and angrier with every word.

Indra went quiet after that. You could practically see the steam coming out of her ears. 

"But I didn't," I dared to say. Indra looked up to meet eyes with me. "I defended myself. Yes, I lost the fight but I survived, didn't I?"

Indra stayed quiet again. She took a seat on a small sofa in the room. I stayed standing in front of the door. I didn't know whether to leave or not, whether the conversation was over or whether she was going to behead me for talking back.

"What are you choosing?" She asked, calming herself down, not making eye contact with me.

"What?" I asked, unsure of what she meant.

"Will you stay and train with the novitiates? Or will you go back to Arkadia and pretend none of this ever happened?" She elaborated.

I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do. Part of me wanted to stay and train with the other nightbloods and maybe one day become Heda but another part of me just wanted to go home to my friends and pretend none of this ever happened. I could only imagine what Bellamy and the others would say if I chose the former.

"I don't know," I answered.

"I heard you beat Aden. He is the most promising of the novitiates, not to mention he is twice your age. If you can beat him, I say your chances of becoming Heda are greater than you think," Indra informed.

I'm not sure if I really wanted to become the Commander. But it would benefit my people greatly. Imagine me, little seven year old Tahlia, the Commander. Not in a million years.

There was a summit that was happening that night and I desperately wanted to be there, but Lexa said it would be better if I wasn't, so I decided to just train with the novitiates instead. There was still some time until the summit, so Lexa was also training with us.

Lexa and Aden had just finished sparring and I was next up. We were working on using staffs to fight instead of swords. I was much stronger with a sword but I was okay with a staff.

I walked up to the clearing where we were fighting. Lexa nodded, signaling the fight to start. Sweat was visible on her forehead from her fighting with Aden but I knew not to be fooled by this. Lexa is the strongest warrior I know. She's the Commander of the twelve clans for a reason.

I made the first move, spinning my staff around and striking it toward her legs, which she blocked with ease before counterstriking. I blocked her counterstrike and clashed my staff against her own. She used the fact that she was stronger than me to push me back with her staff against my own before spinning her staff around and swiping it under my chin, sending my flying and landing on my back.