CHAPTER 04

*EDITED

"Remus are you sure, your alright you don't look like it," Lyra said with a worried look.

"And it's still early, it's 10:00 in the morning" Lyra whined, and Remus laughed but winced when his back ached, the full moon was last night and he was still sore.

Lyra sighed before helping him carry his bag, Remus smiled at her before taking the bag back.

"I can carry it don't worry," Remus said, and Lyra sighed.

They walked to platform 9 and 10, the two of them looked around to see if any muggles were looking at them, when the coast was clear, the two slipped through the wall, and the velvet train of Hogwarts greeted them.

Remus saw a few familiar faces, and he smiled, this was not real, and he can't turn back he was going back to the place he called home.

"Let's find a compartment fast you still don't look good," Lyra told her Godfather.

They walked inside the train with ease, the train wasn't that full since it was still early, when they did find a compartment Lyra let Remus in, and stacked their luggage at the very top.

"Get some rest, you'll be needing a lot of it," Lyra said with a smile.

Remus smiled back and made one of his clothes as a blanket.

While they were waiting for the train to move, Lyra took a piece of parchment and her quill, she also took out a book, since she has time she can advance with her work for school.

You might be wondering why she's learning all of this at once, well Dumbledore needs her to become one of the Order Members as soon as she can use magic without the trace of The Ministry, she doesn't know why, but Dumbledore told her so, and if Dumbledore wants it then she has to.

Lyra is known to be one of the brightest witches at Hogwarts, she has been told that she got her cleverness from her father, but she believes she got it from her Mum.

"Mind if we sit here?" Hermione asked her, and she saw the other two following her.

"Sure" Lyra responded, and the others went inside their compartment, while Lyra was writing, Ron asked who the bloke beside her was, before Hermione could speak, she beat her to it.

"Professor R.J. Lupin, the new Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher," Lyra said not taking her eyes off her quill, and parchment.

"How are you sure? And how do you even know his name?" Hermione asked frantically, but she saw the trunk and nodded

"Lyra, Your Father Sirius Black any news about him?" Harry spat, Ron and, looked at him shocked.

Hermione glared at him, "Be nice, Harry".

"I have no idea where he is, but the Daily prophet did say a lot of Muggles have seen him" Lyra answered cooly not even getting offended by the question.

"Are you sure? He is your father" Harry said pushing thru the question.

Lyra put her quill and parchment down and looked Harry straight in the eyes.

"Harry James Potter, I am sure and I stay true to my word ask Ronald over there, he knows I'm telling the truth," Lyra said, and Harry was shocked, He has never seen Lyra this strict.

"I was just asking," Harry said backing away.

"But how do you reckon he escaped from Azkaban?" Ron asked.

"I was thinking the same thing," Lyra said, still deep in thought.

"I mean how can he even escape the dementors?" Hermione asked, and they agreed.

As the four were talking, the train came to a halt, and all the lights went off.

Harry stood up and checked what it was, but as he was going out a black hooded figure went into their compartment.

"Harry, No!" Ron screamed.

"Expecto Patronum!" Remus said finally waking up and attacking the dementor.

"None of us is hiding Sirius Black in our sleeves", Remus said and the dementor went away leaving them.

"Is everyone fine?" He asked the four in the compartment.

"Yes, but Harry fainted," Ron said, as Remus heard the name he instantly looked at Lyra, and Lyra nodded at him.

"What Happened?" Their trance stopped when Harry spoke.

"You fainted," Hermione said.

"I heard someone screaming, did anyone else hear it?" Harry Said and sat down on the floor still being assisted by Hermione.

"No one was screaming Harry," Ron said looking at him confused.

"Here have some chocolate, it'll help you have some energy," Remus said, and gave Harry a piece of chocolate, Remus took his luggage, and chuckled at Harry who haven't eaten the chocolate he gave.

"Don't worry I didn't poison it" Remus said, and Harry hesitantly ate the Chocolate.

"What was that?" Harry asked.

"What was what?" Remus said looking at his eyes, he smiled to himself when he saw it was Lily's eyes.

"That hooded figure", Harry said shortly.

"That was a dementor, and they're not supposed to be here, they're supposed to be in Azkaban, now that Black's on the loose he might be searching the place," Remus said, and Harry gave him a nod.

"Excuse me, but I'll be having a word with the conductor," Remus said and was supposed to go out of the compartment when he remembered that Lyra was in the compartment as well.

"Oh, and Lyra don't get into trouble this year," Remus said.

"Oh please professor when did I get into trouble?" Lyra asked goofily.

"Don't call me Professor were not yet in Hogwarts" Remus said looking at her, with a goofy look, and Lyra rolled her eyes, and Remus left.

"So you know him? How exactly?", Hermione asked.

"He and Dora are friends," She said, a little white lie isn't that bad, and besides she was telling the truth, they are friends, give it a couple of years and they can be more than that.

"Lyra why do you study even on the train?" Ron asked looking at Lyra.

"Well, let's just say I need to" Lyra shortly replied, still not looking away from the paper.

"Uhm, Lyra I know we haven't talked about anything and this seems awkward, but can you help me this year?" Hermione asked with pleading eyes, while Ron, and Harry couldn't believe their ears.

"You? Why do you need help?" Ron said with a scoff and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'll be happy to help, just meet me at the library every 5:00 pm, I'll be there" Lyra said with a smile and Hermione thanked her.

The whole ride the four were talking randomly, at some point they talked about Sirius Black's Escape.

———

:)