thirteen

A half-hour passed and they were knee-deep in their work, they didn't even notice the door opening nor the new people in the room.

"The main headquarters doesn't change as far as I know of, yet they have numerous temporary bases spread out depending on their business," Chaerin explained, pointing at the pictures that were laid out on the table.

"Is there a main headquarters here in Korea or just in China?" Winwin inquired, glancing at the two.

"I think there's a main HQ per country," Ten answered, his forehead creasing up.

"How are things?" Taeyong asked, leaning on the doorway.

"When did you get here?" Ten asked, his head tilting to the side.

"A few minutes ago, we knocked but no one answered," Mark said.

They entered the room and Taeyong went beside Ten, who started explaining all the information they collected.

"Welcome back," Chaerin greeted Mark, "How's class?" She asked while organizing some of the papers on the desk.

"In all honesty, really boring," Mark sighed.

Chaerin chuckled at him, "You want an update?" Mark nodded in response and she began catching him up to date.

A knock sounded and Jisung poked his head through the door, "Chaerin drinks are here," He handed the drink and left.

"Why do Chenle and Jisung have drinks?" Mark asked, his eyebrows knitted up together.

Chaerin shrugged while sipping on her drink.

"That's unfair, and favoritism," Mark pouted.

Chaerin laughed at him, "It's not like you buy me food too!"

"Just ask me and I will!"

"Fine, fine, next time okay?" She handed her drink to him and they shared while they went back to Chaerin's report.

• • •

"This professor is making us write a six-page essay overnight," Mark ranted while they made their way downstairs.

"Now I don't know if I'm excited about college or dreading it," Chaerin cringed.

"He's probably not going to read everything anyway," Mark gestured with his hands, "What's the point?"

Chaerin patted his shoulder, "The next semester is just right around the corner, don't worry,"

"Want to work in the lounge? I also have homework and reports to finish," Chaerin suggested.

"Yeah sure, let me get my laptop, I'll meet you there,"

"Oh and get me a hoodie!" Chaerin shouted.

Chaerin found a comfortable spot on the floor and placed her laptop and notebooks on the coffee table.

Her sight darkened and weight was put on her head, Chaerin let out a sound of surprise.

She removed her hoodie and saw Mark settling down on the sofa behind her, laughing at her glare.

"I hate that you look better in my clothes than I do," Mark complained while opening his laptop.

Chaerin shrugged her shoulders and grinned, "Definitely not my problem,"

They then began working while Mark was playing music on his phone. A few minutes in, Mark asked Chaerin to look at his work.

"What's a better opening statement?" He asked pointing to the screen. Chaerin leaned over, analyzing the sentences.

"The second one definitely,"

"Knew it, thanks."

Chaerin continued her work on the sofa and they were busy for the next hour. Mark would ask for Chaerin's opinion on his work here and there and Chaerin would ask Mark to explain some things to her.

A few members passed by, observing the two converse. "If I didn't know them I would assume they knew each other for years not weeks," Jungwoo whispered to Taeil and Jaehyun.

Kun then entered and asked what they wanted for dinner.

"Jajangmyeon." The two answered simultaneously.

They both looked at each other, did a high five, then went back to work.

"Jajangmyeon it is then," Kun murmured to himself while exiting the room.

"I see your point," Jaehyun said.

For the next week or so, this became their routine. Chaerin would work with Ten and Winwin after classes then do homework and student council matters at the lounge with Mark. Some of the members who were also busy with schoolwork would also join them from time to time, but for the most part, it was their alone time.

 Some of the members who were also busy with schoolwork would also join them from time to time, but for the most part, it was their alone time

___________________________

More of a filler chapter, the next few ones will be more exciting than this one haha.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010