58 | The One With The Break

05th December 2020,

RK Mansion, Mumbai.

"Damn you, Devi!" Shyaam whispers as he runs his nose down Devi's neck. He runs his hands down the beautiful yellow lehenga she was wearing.  "Why you so hot?"

"Maybe it's because you forgot to switch on the AC." Devi says smiling.

Shyaam smiles and rests his palm on her waist. 

"Do you think she's awake and listening to us?" He asks.

"Akka said unborn babies can hear us speak after 15 weeks." Devi says. "And did you just say 'she'?"

"Yeah, I mean I really want a cute and chubby baby like Madhouse!" Shyaam says.

"Madhushree!" Devi corrects him smiling. "Akka has picked such a beautiful name and you call her Madhouse? Why do you do that, Shyaam?"

Shyaam smiles and turns Devi to face him.

"Let's call her Diya?" He asks as he caresses her face.

"I like Diya. It's a beautiful name. Diya Ramakrishna." Devi smiles. "But what if it's a boy?"

"You have any suggestions?" He asks.

"I was thinking of naming him after my father." She says.

"Venkat?" Shyaam asks.

"Actually let's name our son Venkatesh." Devi says. "Awww, Venkatesh Ramakrishna!"

Shyaam smiles.

"Hey there, lovebirds!" Madhav says cheerfully as he walks into their room. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a red bowtie. One hand was firmly wrapped around Shree's waist and the other held on to flat box with the words 'Sabyasachi' embossed on it.

"Sorry if we are interrupting." Shree says. She was wearing a little pink lehenga with her hair let down.

"We came to give the newest daughter-in-law a homecoming present." Madhav says giving Devi the box he was holding. Devi eagerly takes the box and opens it to find a beautiful grand purple sari inside. "It's not a very big present but-"

"It is!" Devi says as she opens the brown envelope on top of the sari to find a dozen Rs. 2000 gift vouchers from Tanishq Jewellers. "Thank you so much Akka and Baava!"

"Hey, don't I get anything?" Shyaam asks.

"You got my sister as your wife! What more do you want, Shyaam?" Shree asks laughing.

"Yeah, but shouldn't I be getting something because I am the newest and youngest son-in-law of the Prasad Family?" He asks. "PS, I believe I married the troublemaker of the family."

"How can we forget you, Shyaam?" Shree asks. "I got you something, it's not new and fancy as Madhav's gift to Devi. I got you this vintage watch." 

Shree gives the vintage watch with leather straps and a bronze dial with roman numerals.

"Whoa! This is amazing!" Shyaam says and looks under the leather strap to find the words 'Colonel Venkat Prasad' written. "Whoa, this belonged to your dad? I mean father-in-law. Did this actually-"

"Yes. He had a habit of collecting watches. He has around 2 dozen old vintage watches." Shree says. "And you got his most favourite watch."

"He has always been telling Amma that he'd give his watches away to his sons-in-law." Shree says. "Madhav got one when we married in 2017 and now you get one too!"

"This is- this is- thank you so much!" Shyaam says as he take off his watch and straps on the vintage watch. "And it looks great with my tux!"

"Okay where is Madhu?" Devi asks.

"She's not coming." Madhav says. "We told her that Meow shouldn't come to the reception and she got so upset."

"She's in her room in her pj's with Meow. Actually, to be honest, it's best she stays in her room since receptions can go till really late and Madhu isn't-"

Madhav stops when he notices Shree stare at him.

"She's inherited your adamance." Shree scolds him. "Accept that fact."

"Don't blame me, chellam." Madhav says shrugging. "It's not my fault that she's stubborn like me."

"Akka is partly at fault too, you know." Devi says. "Your not the only stubborn person in this room. Need I remember you that akka is also stubborn? Madhu didn't get the stubborn attotude from just you, but from akka too."

Madhav quirks an eyebrow at Shree.

"You little bitch." Shree says rolling her eyes.

"Hey chill, chellam." Madhav says pulling her closer. "Our daughter inheriting our stubborn. So what's wrong with that? We're a cute stubborn family of three."

"Make it four soon, yo!" Shyaam says laughing.