9 - new day

Penelope POV

I had woken up and felt something soft against my body. Opening my eyes I saw Beth laying next to me and holding me tightly. I was curious about why she was here, but honestly she was comfortable so I didn't mind.

I tried to look out the window and saw that it was barely sunny out so I decided to get some more sleep. I wiggled a little in her arms before resting my head back down on her chest. Beth shifted a little as well, but still pulled me tighter into her, which I didn't mind.

A little while later I woke up again and looking up I saw Beth's eyes were still closed. I kind of had to use the restroom so I needed her to wake up.

"Beth, Beth, wake up please." I whispered out quietly and her eyes shot open. She looked down at me and smiled when she saw me awake.

"Good morning sweet girl," Beth whispered back out to me and I blushed at the nickname.

"Morning Bethy." I mumbled out with a smile.

Beth tilted her head, "Bethy?" She questioned causing me to realize what I had called her.

"Sorry. It slipped out. I won't say it again if it makes you uncomfortable." I told her honestly.

Beth quickly shook her head, "No, I like it. Whatever you are comfortable with calling me is completely fine sweetie." I nodded my head before I felt another twinge in my bladder.

"I need to use the restroom," I told her quickly before jumping out of the bed.

I quickly did my business before making my way back to my room. Beth was still laying in bed so I quickly ran and jumped on her, which was a mistake.

I rolled off of her and let out a loud groan as I tried to catch a breath of air and held my stomach.

Beth quickly sat up, "Penny? What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked me and I shook my head no as tears spilled out of my eyes.

She carefully pulled me into her lap and put my arms above my head, "Take a deep breath." Beth said calmly so I followed her instructions and soon I was calmer. Beth brushed my tears away and I laid my head onto her shoulder.

"I'm such a dumbass." I whispered and she tsk'd at me.

"You are no such thing. You just got excited and I'm assuming you forgot about your ribs?" Beth asked and I slowly nodded my head.

"Well then we need to make sure you remember to be more careful. When we go downstairs we can grab some pain meds. Maybe we'll just take it easy today too?" She asked and I gave her a smile.

"That is probably the best idea. I'll somehow manage to hurt myself again if I don't." I told her laughing.

We decided to get out of bed and make our way down to breakfast, but as soon as my feet hit the ground, Beth was picking me up and setting me on her hip. I tilted my head at her before asking something I had been curious about.

"Bethy?" I called out and she looked to me immediately with a smile and nodded her head to continue.

"I've never slipped or been truly little, yet you all coddle and take care of me like I am. Are you guys okay with it that I haven't slipped? If you're not, I can try. I just don't really know how." I told her truthfully and she shook her head at me causing me to frown since I didn't really know what that meant.

"Sweetheart, you shouldn't try to force something for us. We are completely fine with you not slipping yet, we know it takes time and we understand that you should be 100 percent comfortable around the people you do slip in front of. It'll come when it comes. We coddle and take care of you because even though you are a very capable 17 year old, we had a sneaky suspicion that you still like this big or little. Trust me when I tell you know, if you think we are coddling you now, wait until you actually slip." Beth said the last part with a grin and I giggled a little at that.

She started making her way down the stairs and I tucked my head in the crook of her neck.

"Now if you want, we can try and help you slip later on. Some of the stuff we ordered should be here today and that may help you get into headspace." Beth told me and I decided just to nod in agreement. I'm still nervous to slip, but I do think once I do I'll be a lot calmer.

Making our way into the kitchen, Beth set me down in one of the chairs before grabbing me a glass of water, some cereal, and some ibuprofen. I took the ibuprofen as soon as Mari and Bella walked into the room.

Bella seemed unfazed, but I noticed Mari look at me before looking to Beth with a concerned expression. "What happened? Is everything okay?" Mari asked quickly and I blushed in embarrassment for what I did this morning.

Luckily Beth noticed and told Mari for me. "This little one got excited and tried to jump on me this morning. Unfortunately for her, she forgot about her ribs and ended up in quite a bit of pain because of it."

Bella laughed before kissing the top of my head as she passed me, "Silly girl." She said while taking the seat next to me.

Mari however was more worried. "You didn't hurt yourself worse did you Penny? Do we need to go back to the ER?" I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head.

"Mari, I'm fine. I think it just stunned me more than anything. It doesn't hurt that bad anymore and I was just taking the meds to prevent it from hurting throughout the day. You worry too much." I told her with a laugh and in return she pouted at me.

"Don't make fun of me because I worry." Mari said slightly upset so I reached my arms up and she got the message. I hugged her and I noticed that she didn't want to squeeze me like normal causing me to chuckle.

"I'm sorry for making fun of you, but I promise I'm okay. Do you think Beth would have me down here eating if something was wrong?" I told Mari causing a chuckle to escape her throat.

Beth on the other hand was offended, "Hey now!" She shouted causing me to bust up laughing.

"Sorry Bethy!" I apologized quickly with a grin and she smiled back. The other two women at the table were shocked though.

"Bethy?" Mari and Bella questioned at the same time.

I looked between them both with a furrowed brow before shrugging my shoulders, "Yeah? What about it?"

Beth both gave them the stare down and eventually they let it go causing me and Beth to chuckle at our own inside story.