4.02

As Helena and Mark flopped down next to each other, Helena's phone rang

As Helena and Mark flopped down next to each other, Helena's phone rang. They had been doing this for two weeks now, Helena would go to Mark's or the resident would sneak the man into Meredith's. Helena had initially been worried about the fact that Mark was an attending, fact that she had made clear to him but, no matter how hard they tried, she couldn't quite seem to stay away from the man. And, if she were honest, she didn't exactly want to either.

As for their relationship outside of the bedroom, it had pretty much remained the same. The regular teasing, jokes and comfortable hanging out were still there, now only becoming more frequent, even though they didn't have any displays of affection in public. This far, they were enjoying being in their little secretive bubble.

Grabbing the phone on the nightstand and looking to check who it was, she looked apologetically to the man beside her.

"I'm sorry, it's Georgie. He's been going through a lot and I just... I have to take it, ok? I'll be quick."

"Ok, sweetheart, I'll be waiting."

The girl got up from Mark's hotel bed, throwing on the man's shirt and entering the bathroom. "Georgie? Are you ok?"

"Lena, I need to tell you something and I need you not to yell or to be mad at me ok? I need you to try to understand because I feel... I feel awful and I need a friend right now, I need you." The intern asked, his voice sounding panicked.

"Ok, ok, slow down. What is it?" She asked, sitting on the closed toilet in the bathroom.

"It's Izzie. She... she told me she loved me te night of the wedding and I was confused but... but now I love her too and I'm breaking up with Callie and I'm panicking." The man told her, still speaking quickly.

"You and... Izzie?" She asked, a bit confused. "I mean, I'd noticed you'd been acting weird around her but... well, I didn't think you loved her."

"Well, I... yeah. And I feel awful for Callie but I can't help it."

"Oh god, poor Callie. You know I love you, but Callie's my friend to so you really do have to tell her. Look, the best thing you can do right now is be open with your wife. Think about it this way, at least you're telling her before anything happens, you're not cheating on her..." Helena ran a hand through her hair, not wanting to leave the man in his room waiting.

"About that..." George started, a knot on his throat.

At that, the brunette girl gasped. "George O'Malley you did not! I mean... did you really cheat on Callie?" She sounded more disappointed than anything else. "I mean, seriously, after what happened with us, did you learn nothing?!"

"Lena, I was really drunk and I..." He started.

"No, you know what? I don't wanna hear it. And you're using the same excuse? Saying you were drunk again?" Helena scoffed, furrowing her brows in a mix of confusion and anger. "She does not deserve this, George. You don't know how... you don't know how beating cheated on can hurt a person. I'm sorry, but I... I can't comfort you right now. Not with our history, I... I want to, but I just can't."