Spotty and Whisper

Part of me wished I could've just continued talking to Legolas. He was a good listener, and I was enjoying his company. But, Arwen was getting up to leave, and I had to make my exit.

Just before I was about to stand up and leave to head to the library, Frodo touched my arm.
"If you please Raina," he began "After lunch, there is someone I would like you to meet."
"Okay." I smile softly "I'd be delighted."
Frodo smiled back at me and turned to Sam, continuing their conversation.

I stood up to leave, and looped my arm in Arwen's who was waiting.

As we left, I waved to Merry and Pippin.
"Don't forget!" Pippin yelled. I cringed.
"Pippin!" Merry whisper yelled annoyed.

"Sorry." I heard him whisper back

"Don't forget what?" Gandalf asked as I passed the doors and the chatter faded. Good luck to Merry finding an excuse.

I smiled, finding amusement. Arwen took us the same way back, and it wasn't long before we reached the vast
library. I was enthralled. My feet tip toed inside, hand running along the oak door frame. My hand trailed onto the cream walls, trainers gliding over the stone floors, gazing at the iron lights which hung from the ceiling. All around the room lay old books, new books, books with golden pages. I was in ecstasy.

It was pure heaven to me. I stepped forward, breathing in the smell of pure ink and parchment, and ran my hand along the spines as other elves and men meandered around.

"I see that you are certainly at home." Arwen muses.
"I'm in heaven!" I breathe heavily
She laughs. A Male elf with dark brown locks and a pious look comes up to me.
"Shh!" He commands
"Sorry." I whisper.
"That is Harthedir, he is the keeper of the books." She pauses as he walks away, then grins "And is very strict."

I laugh again. Harthedir reappears.
"Shh!"
"Sorry." I apologise

"Well, I will part with you here." Arwen grips my hands
"I will see you later." She gives me a soft pat, and then exits.

For a while, it's all too good to be true. I'm in Rivendell's library, surrounded by oracles and scrolls perhaps as old as time itself. I can't pick. That is, until a silver book with golden tassel catches me eye. The only problem is...its on the top shelf. What with Ms Trunchbull here watching my every move, and my leg, it means I can't stand on a chair to reach it. Still, I lean on my left leg and attempt to tip toe.
"Need some help?" A rough hand brushes past mine and grabs the book for me. I turn around and find Boromir holding it out for me.

Warily, my hands enclose around the spine and nod at him in thanks. I move to sit down in a more secluded area by the window and he follows me.
"My lady," he begins, sitting down "I wanted to apologise to you."
I look up at him confused.
"You already..
"I did I know, but I feel as though I owe you an extra one. What I said, it was extremely unhonourable. I am so sorry."

I smile at him. Boromir was pretty awful, but then again, he can be pretty honourable.

"It is forgotten."
"Thank you." He stands up and bows. Boromir moves to leave. "By the way, that book is in elvish."
I look down at the title and groan loudly. He laughs at me.
Harthedir shushes me again.

"But-"

"Sh!Sh!Shh!"
"I can help you find the Westeros section." Boromir grins, returning to me.

So, for the next half an hour Boromir recommends me book after book, until I have a pile about half my height. Eventually, after much deliberation, I settle on one about a King from the Second Age, and walk with Boromir to a balcony which overlooks the gardens where he leaves me, peaceful. At first, I'm fully engrossed with the tale, but after a while, I grow bored, and yawn.