Chapter fourty one

Anakins pov

"(Y/l/n) out."

Something was wrong, there was just no way (y/n) would talk to me like that unless I'd done something wrong, even in front of the others, she'd still use my first name. Being that our last meeting was fine I had a bad feeling something had gone wrong. Reaching out for her all I could feel was a weak force signature...which didn't settle me in the slightest...

"Should we heard back then master? If master (y/l/n) says it's clear, shouldn't we just continue to find the Huttlet?" My new padawan asked while looking to me for answers, answers I didn't yet have. Mostly because of my worry for (y/n)'S safety. My robotics hand clenched into a fist at my side as I tried to figure out what to do, reaching out through the force to try and contact the live of my life but finding myself unable to bridge our bond to her mind. I couldn't just leave her in danger...but at the same time I couldn't disobey orders yet again for her.

'What do I do?'

(Y/n)'s pov

Knelt on the floor with my hands behind my head I waited with baited breath for some kind of response from Anakin, praying that he'd take the warming onboard and stay away either despite not having thought of a plan yet. I could hear Ventress huffing and pacing before me as she continued to hold my padawan hostage.

"Where is he, you better not be playing any tricks jadi." The Dathomire witch snarled folding with a hiss as the air brushed through her teeth. I flinched slightly suddenly feeling her boot connect with my hip and knock me to the floor. Now sprawled out on the ground I grunted from the ache to my side as I tried to push myself back to my knees.

"..,He'll be here." I mumbled as I brushed the falling hair from my face still dizzy and unable to see where my connection to the force had been momentarily cut.

"He better be, for her sake." Ventress snarled in response to my muttered comment. With Captain Dice helping me back up I felt a wave of doubt run over me. How exactly would I get us out of this without Anakin, I had no lightsaber, no backup, and I couldn't even use the force.

'What do I do?'

Just as that question was crossing my mind I heard Ventress make a rather on noise as though something had startled her. The next moments passed very quickly, I first felt firm hands tug me back before hearing the unmistakable sounds of savers igniting and quickly clashing together in a frenzy. All I could see was blurs still but I could make out blue and red flashing bright within the dark halls before me and the to figure fought. At first my heart leapt thinking it must be Anakin, but as I was pulled further back to
clear distance I noticed that the siths opponent was clearly much shorter than my fiancé, and didn't show his polished skill. They did however show a furry determination, and high led me to one conclusion.

"Ari,,!" I called out with a horrified gasp as it finally hit me who was coming to my rescue. Alas though there was nothing I could do to help her as she fought bravely.

"Dice, call the men back, where there's Ventress druids in int be far behind." I instructed while resting my hand to the wall so he wouldn't have to guide me any longer and could return focus to the battle. This was my first mission with these men, I couldn't make myself seem a liability.

"Right away ma'am, will you be alright here alone?" He asked while remaining close as I tried not to wince in pain while pulling the dart from my hip and placing it in my pocket.