27.2: Rolling With The Homies

Chapter 27

Chapter 27.2: Rolling With The Homies cont...
April

"I'll be right there" Aaron said and closed the book he had in his hands, stopped and grabbed the receipt, and made his way back to their table with the receipt book and placed it on the table.

"Hey Aaron whatcha reading" April curiously asked looking at him then down at the book he still had in his hands. During the time they were at the restaurant she had been seeing him reading whenever he wasn't tending to a table.

Aaron scratched his head a little nervous, looked down at the book in his hand, then back at April. "It's for school. It's for graphic design" he answered.

"Ah so you want to be a graphic designer" she questioned even more intrigued.

"Definitely" he smiled brightly.

"How long have you been in school" she asked.

"This is actually my second year. I'm studying at California State Polytechnic" he replied. It looked like he was happy that someone was interested in what he was interested in. "I'm self taught and good at it but I figured going to school would help me out in the long run"

"Well hey computers are my thing and I'm always looking for new people and fresh faces to put on my team so if you keep it up and you're as good as you say you are then I might have to come and find you myself" April said smiling as the girls looked on smiling watching her be her. She couldn't help herself helping others is what she did and if she liked your vibe she was going to lend a hand.

"Aww fuck...shit I mean cool thank you. I follow your work" he said fumbling over his words cheesing. He couldn't even play it cool even if he tried he was to geeked at the moment to care.

April chuckled. "Don't worry bout it but if this is ya passion keep up with it. Don't let anyone steer you wrong and when shit gets tough because it will just remember the reason why you're doing it. Another thing don't let anyone take the joy away from what you like doing have fun with it"

"It is and I won't" he said full of confidence and he stood tall.

"I'm serious now. If I don't find you when you graduate then you come find me" she said. April was a sucker when it came to helping younger people achieve their dreams especially black kids. She was all about seeing her people make it and if she could help she would. What was the point of having it all if you couldn't give back?

"I will" he said and still his smile never faltered. April had made his day. "I guess I should give y'all time to look at the check so I'll be right back"

"Ok" she nodded as he excused himself. She opened the check book to see the damage. "Not as bad as I thought it would be" she looked over it then grabbed her purse.

"Nope let me see" Ebony said and grabbed the receipt already knowing that April was going to try and foot the bill herself.

April laughed. "It's not that serious sis besides you already know how it goes. I pay the bill this time and the next time one of y'all pays and BAM we're back in rotation" she said which was true. The girls always took turns paying the bill and there was also times where they split the bill depending on how large of a bill it was because everybody didn't have the same bank account and they respected that.