Healing Thoughts, Warming Words, Resurfacing Threats

This is a requested part two of Broken Mind, Empty Words, Newfound Allies! Hope you enjoy :)
TW: Panic Attacks, Blood, Violence, Screaming
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tommy, hide."

Honestly, it had been a fairly calming morning. Tommy had been up all night perfecting his burrow, making it into a secret fairycore kind of style. Fairy lights were strung around the edges of his room, the walls changed to dark oak. Ivy-like plants, small crystals, and two small dream catchers were hanging from the ceiling, makeshift spruce shelves clinging to the walls. Paints, books, and bagged clay were put onto said shelves, bringing out the creative side of Tommy that nobody really saw. It didn't look anywhere close to a room the boy would make or own.

The tired boy had practically heaved himself out of bed, climbing up the ladders to reach the technical second floor. He was greeted by the sweet smell of berries and something else that he couldn't quite identify.

Techno was sitting at the table, sipping quietly on an orange soup with seasoning and bits of meat. Two bowls, that were still steaming, were put in their respective spots in front of chairs, Phil washing and preparing berries.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Toms," Phil smiled, his tone lighthearted as he carried a bowl of shimmering berries to the table. Tommy took his seat, yawning.

"Mhm," he replied tiredly, the bags under his eyes fairly noticeable. A shame, really. He had been getting into a decent sleep schedule the first week he'd stayed in the home, but after Techno and Phil brought home room-decorating gifts, it was game over.

"Did you stay up all night again?" Techno questioned, finishing the rest of his soup.

Tommy didn't even get a chance to respond as Phil's fatherly instincts kicked in, "Tommy, I thought we established that pulling all-nighters aren't good for your health!"

"Hey, big man, relax. I was just finishing off my room-"

"You mean your cave?" the pink haired man chuckled. Tommy just groaned.

"It's not a cave!" the younger tried to protest.

Before Techno could shoot back another playful joke, a repetitive knocking echoed throughout the house. Spoons met bowls and both older men stood, Phil immediately nodding to Techno.

So that's where they were. Or really, that's where Tommy was.

He had chugged a light lavender blue potion moments before, the sickeningly silky drink tickling his throat on the way down. His skin tingled like pins and needles, body becoming transparent.

"Get in the box," Techno's voice was stern and hurried, but in a low whisper. He gently pushed the boy to the spruce box that sat near the floor.

The blond climbed in, the lid stuck open from the planks of wood and other miscellaneous items lying around. He sat the best he could, a bit cramped, invisible head resting on his invisible knees. His mind flooded with hundreds of questions, however one stood out. Who was knocking?

"Hello," a voice could be heard faintly from downstairs. It was muffled from the floor below him, but Tommy could recognize that sickeningly sweet voice anywhere.

"Dream."

"Yes, that's me," Dream replied casually to Phil, as if he wasn't a hated enemy who had scarred a child.

"What are you doing here?" the man asked, containing Techno, who was on the verge of murdering this man right here right now.

"Oh nothing," the green-hooded bastard clicked his tongue, "Just had a few questions for you. Are you going to invite me in? It's very cold out here."

There were a few moments of awkward silence as Techno murmured a "You'll be fine". Phil, however, reluctantly let him inside.

"So," Techno said after a few moments, raising an eyebrow at Dream.

"Oh, right. I'll just get straight to the point, have you seen Tommy?"

Tommy's breathing hitched. His hands were clammy and his heart was pounding, echoing in his ears. He knew it, he shouldn't have let his guard down. They were going to turn him in and he was going to die. He couldn't breathe, his throat was closing, where was the air?

His vision was getting blurry, and then it was black.

Shouts from around him woke him from his slumber. He was being carried, head curled into a hoodie of some sort. He was being held rather carelessly, head aching. He could feel scratch marks down his cheeks.

His eyes fluttered open, looking up. He took a deep breath, vision coming into focus.

He was instantly overwhelmed by a white porcelain mask looking down at him and lots of screaming. Tommy began pushing the man awake, going right back into a panic. His throat began closing again, weakly shoving the villain that held him. Before he could process anything, he felt the body holding him jerk backwards and a loud shattering sound echoed in the room as he was quickly grabbed by two other hands.

They whispered sweet things into his ears, and he let them sink in. He let the voices soothe him, calming him down and steadying his breathing. He was okay.

Tommy opened his eyes to see a wet-faced Phil and a teary-eyed Techno. Why were they crying? Everything had happened so fast.

Suddenly, a groan could be heard from somewhere by the doorway. Tommy looked over to see Dream holding his face, his shattered mask lying in the snow outside. The doors were pushed wide open and there were speckles of blood on the snow and mask.

"That's what you get for messing with my little brother," Techno said calmly, wiping the tears from his eyes, "Next time I won't go so easy."

Tommy watched as Dream stood, covering the bottom of his face with his arm, his angry green eyes glaring daggers into the family. He grumbled some empty threats before picking up the pieces of his mask and running off.

Phil engulfed Tommy in a massive hug, Techno doing the same. The blond relaxed and hugged them back. What the fuck had just happened?

A few moments of comfortable silence passed before they pulled away, standing. Tommy stumbled a few times before gaining his balance, holding his cheek where Dream must have scratched him.

"Come on, kid," Techno looked to Tommy, a smile on his face, "Let's go relax. That was a terrible way to start the morning."

Tommy smiled back.

Normally they'd be scared of his threats. He had power and allies and could do unspeakable things. However, there were flaring sparks in their souls, igniting fires of hope and familial love. They weren't sure if Dream would come back with anyone else, or threaten them more, or try to take Tommy away as he had done today, but one thing was for sure.

No matter what, they had each other.
And that was enough.