3

"So you and Camila are going to a party today?" Milika asked Dinah as she tried to feed little Seth, who was just having fun while spitting out his food.

It was breakfast time and the big family was sitting around a small dining room for six in which they somehow managed to eat thirteen at the same time.

Camila loved this. Not just having a family, but being so close that she never realized how uncomfortable it was.

"Yes," she replied happily as she hurried to eat. She would be late for her college classes if she took too long "Ally and Mani decided to stay to do silly crafts."

"Incredible crafts" Ally corrected it from the other side of the table.

"Whatever you say, dwarf."

"I guess you're going with Noa," her mother sensed.

"That's right" she said with a smile. Camila hated him, felt something was not right with him, but if he made Dinah happy she had nothing left but to accept it.

"And with whom will you go, Camila?"

"I'll go with Marco. Nothing special."

Milika sighed. She trusted Dinah, but not Noah so much. The fact that Camila accompanied her gave her much more peace of mind.

"I thought you were going with that girl from the restaurant, Mila," Gordon muttered surprised, while reading the newspaper.

Her heart stopped and she felt her cheeks burn when her ten siblings and Milika turned to look at her with their eyes wide open.

"How do you know... about her?" she stammered.

"I was meeting my boss at the back table. I'm sure you didn't see me. You were too busy looking at that panda painting... and that girl."

"Weren't you going to tell me, Mila?!" Dinah was shocked.

"It was just a lunch" She replied hastily "It was nothing important."

Or it was, but she didn't plan on accepting it.

"It didn't seem to be just lunch, Mila." Her adoptive father followed. She couldn't see his face, but she knew he was laughing at her.

"Is she pretty?" Milika asked

Although she was ashamed, she thanked her parents for their attitude. Years earlier, when she had confessed her sexual preference to them, the atmosphere of the house had remained tense for quite some time. They ended up accepting her, of course, and now they were even able to joke with her.

She was grateful because not everyone was running with the same luck.

"So pretty" she said. She couldn't lie "You should see her eyes. They're amazing."

"You should bring her home," suggested Sofi, her biological sister, sweetly. There was no curiosity in her as in her adoptive parents and siblings, no anger as in Dinah, only the deep desire to see Camila happy.

"We just had lunch, Sofi. It's no big deal."

"I think it is. She even paid for you" Gordon came in, who seemed more interested in Lauren than Camila herself "... Besides, I don't think the way she looked at you is something you should let go of."

"How does Dad know more about your date than I do, Mila?! Don't you love me?!" Dinah continued to complain.

Camila took a big breath and laid her forehead on her hands. She loved her family, but it was overwhelming.

"I made her a tattoo a few months ago and two days ago she came back for another one. She invited me to lunch. I accepted. We talked. She gave me her number. We said goodbye. That was it" She said tired of the topic "Why do you have to make everything a whole movie?"