4.04

The day after George had told Callie that he'd cheated on her, Helena had been put on a case with George, Bailey and Callie

The day after George had told Callie that he'd cheated on her, Helena had been put on a case with George, Bailey and Callie. Needless to say, the tension in the room was noticeable.

The patient was a 28 year old woman who had broken her ankle. However, the most concerning was that her bones were extremely week. Now, talking to her, Helena tried to figure out why.

"You're blood work showed low electrolyte level, low calcium and low vitamin D. Have you been dieting recently?" She asked, attempting to ignore the tension between Callie and George.

The patient tied hands with her boyfriend, who answered, a proud smile on his face. "She just lost forty pounds."

"Will told me if I ever got back down to a size four we'd move in together." She explained, also smiling.

At that, the young resident had to bite her tongue, Bailey answering for her, sarcastically. "How romantic."

"We both just needed motivation. I told him I wouldn't live with a smoker so he quit smoking." The woman explained.

"The problem is that even if Dr. Torres is able to repair the fracture, it won't do any good. Unless you're eating more and working out less. Am I right, Dr. Torres?" Bailey asked.

Looking behind her, Helena noticed Callie seemed zoned out, and she called out her name. "Dr. Torres?"

"Huh, Dr. Bailey is right." The woman answered, the short girl worried for her.

"So what you are saying is that you won't operate unless she puts in a bunch of weight?" The boyfriend asked.

"No, but..." Callie started.

"Then why are we still talking about this? We came here to get her leg fixed, so fix her leg." The man asked, making Helena roll her eyes.

"Ok." Callie agreed, the brunette furrowing her eyebrows at her friend's attitude.

——

As Helena sat down with Meredith and Cristina for lunch, the Asian asked. "I'm not a bad resident, am I?"

"Don't ask me, I lost a patient today." Meredith answered.

"How'd they die?" Helena asked.

"Lost. Like literally can't find." The blond answered.

"Oh. Shepherd says I'm selfish and competitive. What the hell is wrong with that? I kick ass, I'm an excellent resident."

"I'm not. In addition to losing my patient I also lost my intern. Turned around and he was gone. AWAL." Meredith told them.

"What is wrong with these interns?" Cristina asked, Helena simply watching them with amusement as she ate her salad.

"We were great interns."