───── Book Two ║Ch. 2

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

Soza retraced her steps around the drill.

Something was off. She had seen the water-bender throw her pouch full of water to the Avatar. 'But why would she.......' Soza thought to herself as she got to where the four friends had split up. Then it clicked.

"I get it," she mumbled as she started running through the hallways. 

"The beams were all split part way. She passed him the water; he's running to the top. They aren't even trying to fight. They're trying to take down the drill by weakening the support beams!," she cursed in realization.

*

*

*

Soza knew Mai very well. 

Guessing that Mai didn't follow after the Water Tribe siblings and left Ty-lee on her own, she started through the hallways of the drill, glancing around for her lazy friend. Seeing her back, she halted Mai by placing her hand on her shoulder. 

"Huh," Mai said quietly while turning around. "Soza, what are you doing here?"

"Which way did Ty-lee go――" she was interrupted by the drill shaking and screeching loudly. Sounds of gushing water caught both Fire Nation girls' attention, as they turned toward a window that Mai opened after the screeching of falling metal had quieted down.

"We lost," Soza said, sounding lightly disappointed when she and Mai saw Azula and Ty-lee standing there. Technically, Ty-lee was sitting covered in sludge and Azula was standing, also covered in sludge.