chapter five

CHAPTER THREEIMAGINATION

CHAPTER THREE
IMAGINATION

YOU'RE IMAGINING THINGS AGAIN, JENO. IT'S NOT THE TIME FOR THIS.

JENO FOCUS

"Dude, you ready to go?" Minhyuk asked Jeno.

The dark-haired boy nodded, pulling his arms through his backpack and grabbing his helmet. He put it onto his head, buckling it before grabbing his bike.

The two thirteen-year-old boys rode together to their middle school a block away, paying close attention to their surroundings before taking off.

"Hey, Jeno. I heard you ranked up in your dance class yesterday." Minhyuk said, making conversation as they made their way to the cafeteria to grab breakfast before class.

Jeno nodded, grabbing an apple and thanking one of the lunch ladies. "Yeah, usually I'm ranked at 4th or so but I got 2nd this month."

"Cool! My mom said she was thinking about letting me join your dance studio but it's too expensive for us right now so I'll just have to wait," Minhyuk pouted, his shoulder slumping.

Jeno smiled to try uplifting the boy as they sat down, "don't worry. I could always just teach you what I'm learning, right? That way you get to learn for free."

Minkyuk laughed, "now I know why my mom loves you so much. You're too generous."

Jeno shrugged, taking a bite from his apple. "I like being generous. It's a nice thing to do."

A mocking laugh was heard from behind the two, making them turn their heads at the sound to see who it was.

Their eyes met with three boys known for picking on the younger kids and getting out of trouble because of their parents. The two friends grimaced upon seeing them approach.

"I'm sure you are generous, aren't ya, Jeno?" Hyunjoon asked with a teasing voice.

Jeno sighed, no longer having an appetite. "What do you want Hyunjoon?"

"Heard you got beat at dance school by a kid two years younger than you. Pretty pathetic don't you think, guys?" He asked, turning towards his two friends.

They snickered towards one another, nodding in agreement.

Minhyuk sat up in his chair, using his height to his advantage as he was one of the tallest kids in their school, getting the natural height from both of his parents. "Sorry, didn't you rank 20th and end up dropping out after you threw a tantrum?"

Hyunjoon glared at the taller boy, "are you one to talk, Jeong Minhyuk? Last time I checked your broke family couldn't even manage to get you inside for a day."