Chapter 33

We had reached the end of the countdown. It was finally here, the recording of 'Harry Styles at the BBC'. Me, Grimmy and the rest of the crew had flown to Manchester last night. It was going to take a couple of days and Sarah's birthday was coming up so since everyone was gathered in the same place, me and Grimmy had decided to stay an extra day just so that we all could celebrate her together.

I knew that the band would arrive sometime today, but the rehearsals weren't planned until tomorrow. Harry was already here. He had gone home to his mum after Camille flew back home a week ago. He hadn't seen his mum since he was back home the weeks following Robin's passing. We had texted some during his stay, but not a lot. I understood that it was important that when he finally had time to go home and be with his mum, he wanted to focus on that. I guessed that was the reason he hadn't brought Camille with him, or that she was needed for work elsewhere in the world. Harry had anyway written to me a few times. One thing he mentioned was that he had booked the same hotel for him and his band these upcoming days. I was excited and nervous. It felt almost like a vacation staying at a hotel, away from home with friends. However, it was for work- and not just any work, but the biggest project I had been a part of.

Every time I reminded myself of it I felt this growing nausea in my throat. I tried comforting myself that the first day was the worst one for me. After that everything would be easy peasy. I was going to rip the bandage off and the rest of our days wouldn't be as scary. On our schedule today was the recording of the sequences that would be played in between performances and the interview part. This was the part that I had mostly been in charge of planning. We had decided not to tell Harry too much about it and let it be a surprise for the better reaction on tape. But I was sure he was going to love bingo, charming the elderly and axe throwing, showing his winning mentality.

Since I was the one who had booked everything and had the creative vision for it I needed to go with them alongside the small camera crew. It was going to be a full day, and I was nervous that something would go wrong. My safe place was a creative vision for the studio and radio. Never had I done something outside of it.

With my sweaty hands I stroke them along my light blue levis jeans. Even if it was near the end of August, it was a chilly day today with the grey sky. I had matched the blue jeans with a white deep V-cut crop top, a yellow cardigan to keep me warm and of course- my mary janes. I put the last of my belongings in my small black vintage shoulder bag. In an attempt to breath the nervousness out of me I did one last big exhale from inside my hotel room before I opened the door. We had all decided to meet downstairs in the lobby by 9AM. It was only two minutes till then when past the corner and pushed for the lift. I was definitely out last minute, I hated being late and it was going to be a close call if I made it down in time. Not that anyone would mind if I was down 9:00 or 9:01. The lift finally arrived and I stepped inside, rushing to push the button. I placed myself leaning on the wall of the back of the lift. The doors started to close.

"Hold it please!" I heard someone shout as their footsteps rounded the corner. Even if I was in a hurry I instinctively pushed myself off the wall and was about to put my foot in the door jamb. Just as I did I was met by the other person doing the same by stressing inside.

When I gazed up I saw those soft dimples making their mark on that beautiful face, and his green eyes meeting mine only inches away. By him rushing to catch the lift, and me rushing to keep it opened for him, we had almost crashed into each other in the door jamb.

"Good morning." Harry chuckled in my face, surprised but amused at our whimsical way of meeting. I faced down in a smile, close to letting out a laugh myself.

"What a way to make an entrance." I slowly walked back to my spot from before, now daring to look back up to his piercing greens with space placed between us. Harry followed me, placing himself so that my shoulder rubbed on his upper arm. From beside me he looked down with a cheeky smirk.