11

For hours Tae searched for Shantey and came up empty

               He rode all around Los Angeles in every part of town til five the next morning. He even called her sponsor and she hadn't heard from Shantey herself. His eyes were heavy, but he refused to sleep until he found her. He pulled over at a convenience store to gas up his Bentley and grabbed his a water to splash on his face to wake himself up.

               Tae wanted to call her, but remembered she left her phone next to the bed and didn't take her car. He had no way of tracking her. He felt like he was hitting a dead end.

               His phone start to ring and he answered when he seen it was his wife's best friend. "You didn't find her?"

               "Nothing." Amanda sighed, "I mean I don't know California like that. But I do know our hometown."

               Tae pulled out the nozzle after the tank was filled. "Your hometown?"

               "Yes. Have you called Monae?" Amanda asked about his sister in-law.

               "I'm waiting til she woke. What time is it there?" He asked taking the receipt and getting in his car.

               "It's two hours ahead there." Amanda informed. "Call Anissa and tell her what's going on."

               Tae noted that and started the ignition. He sighed sitting back in the seat. "I'm new to dealing wit this side of her. Do I need to file a missing person's report after a certain time?"

               "No. That will just put the media in your business for nothing and you already have to deal with who leaked the information about Ro. If she doesn't come back by the end of the night I'm flying to our hometown and search there."

               Tae decided to listen to her best friend because she knows more about it. They end their call and Tae drove home where Heather was still assisting with the kids. Heather was awake in the nursery feeding Azoni once Tae stood at the doorway. Heather was chuckling at the facial expression the newborn made.

               "You're so much like your Momma, Azoni."

               "Good mornin." Tae greeted, grabbing his mother in-law's attention.

               Heather smiled at Tae. "Buenos dias. You look very tired."

               "I haven't slept." Tae replied as he sat on the footstool. "You know you don't have to keep doing this, Ma. I know your hubby miss you home."