12

Over the years of Allen and Shantey not seeing each other he had a different appearance

Over the years of Allen and Shantey not seeing each other he had a different appearance. He was embracing his mid fifties age with his low, salt and pepper beard and the fro he once had was cut down to a low fade. He still kept himself toned with routine workouts at the boxing gym he invested in.

Allen watched Shantey invite herself into his home in the large foyer, shutting one side of the double door. "Hazel." The full voice spoke, referring to her as her old stripper name. "You in my home. Why?"

"Allen! This is nice!" Shantey spoke full of energy. "You doing the mufucking thing, ain't you?"

"I'm livin'..." he responded, "Whatchu doin' here foreal?"

"To come visit my ex pimp!"

"Lower yo' voice." Allen demanded.

"Why? Somebody's in here you don't want to hear?" Shantey laughed. "Anybody home!?"

"Haze—"

"Babe?" A woman sauntered down the steps beside the front door in a flowing yellow dress that complimented her Hershey complexion. She was a woman in her mid fifties as well. "We have a visitor. Who's this?"

Shantey opened her mouth to respond, but Allen spoke. "This is Hazel. An old friend I haven't seen in a while. Hazel, this is my wife, Zola."

Shantey's brows lifted immediately at the mention of the woman being Allen's spouse. "Wife?" She repeated, "How old are you? I mean, you're beautiful. But Allen with someone older than twenty, I'm appalled."

Zola brows furrowed at Shantey's laughter. "Yes, married for eight years with a daughter."

"Wow. Allen with a daughter." Shantey leaned in to Zola. "Better be careful with that."

Zola found that statement weird with her being blind to Allen being more than a business owner. Allen's steaming hot in the inside. But with his wife ahead of them, he played it cool.

"Hazel has a drug addiction." Allen said to his wife and Zola nodded in understanding as Shantey roamed the foyer, eying everything.

"Oh. Now I understand." Zola chuckled. "It was nice meeting you, Hazel. I have errands to run. Watch our things around your little friend." She whispered, kissing her husband.