Chapter 74: Reunion Invitation

After spending their honeymoon in New York City, Callie and Josh have made it home. While they were gone, both their parents took turns watching little Kaiser. Getting back to Texas and finally home, they are now adjusting to the titles of husband and wife but loving it nonetheless.

            "Check this out," Josh smirks, tossing an envelope on the kitchen table as he walks in from work. He takes a seat next to Callie on the barstool.

             "What is it?" she asks, dropping the pen on the table and picking up the envelope her husband tossed.

            "It's from our old high school."

             "What?" Callie laughs, sure enough, Kal Central High School on the envelope addressed to Josh and Callie Collins.

            "What could they possibly be sending us?"

            "It's our class reunion," Callie answers, reading over the invitation.

            "You can't possibly want to go to that do you?" Josh asks smirking, liftin Kaiser on his lap.

            "Why not?" Callie shrugs.

             "Well, you can understand why I wouldn't want to go but I mean you do know Courtney will probably be there."

            "Babe it was high school. That was a long ass time ago. I'm over it. We're adults now. We're married. We're parents," Callie smiles as she hands Kaiser his cup. "Will you consider it? I have to RSVP by next week."

            "Yeah, I guess I'll think about it," Josh says with a smile, bouncing little Kaiser on his knee.

            "Thank you," Callie says standing up and walking over, sliding her hands-on Josh's shoulders before kissing him softly on the lips. "I love you."

             "Yeah, yeah," he smiles. "I love you too. I'll think about it."