[ 𝟎𝟏𝟑 ] 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"When's it supposed to happen? This. . . apocalypse," Luther queries.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but. . . from what I could gather, we have four days left," Five sighs. Five and I were sitting at the edge of Diego's bed as Luther sat in front of us.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" asks Luther.

"It wouldn't have mattered," discloses Five.

"Of course it would," Luther argues. "We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing."

Five rolls his eyes. "For the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?" Luther asks.

"I found all of you. Your bodies," Five admits.

I make eye contact with Five and my eyes turn f/c while I search for the memory.

I see all of our bodies one by one.

Luther

Diego

Allison

Klaus

Me

My eyes turn back to e/c when I'm finished looking at the memory and I excuse myself, walking out of the room while Luther and Five have their conversation. Once I'm outside the room, I put both hand on my thighs and take deep breaths.

My family dead.

I couldn't even imagine.

My thoughts get cut off when I see Diego angrily running towards the room. "What's up with you?"

Diego doesn't answer and proceeds to slam the door open and charge into the room. "Piece of shit! Do you have any idea what you just did?" he barks at Five while Luther holds him back.

"Nope, let me—" Diego tries to get out of Luther's grip. "Get your ape hands off of me!"

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down."

Panting, Diego finally calms down. "Fine."

Luther sets him down on the ground. "Now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?"

Diego glares at Five. "Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of the shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys attacked the academy looking for him," he points at Five.

"None of which is any of your concern," Five replies, sternly.

"It is now," he says, panting. "They just killed my friend."

Luther looks over to Five. "Who are they Five?"

"They work for my former employer. A women called The Handler. She sent them. . . to stop me. Then, soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game. And I'm gonna see to it they pay," Diego says as he heads for the door.

"That would be a mistake, Diego. They've killed people far more dangerous than you," Five tells him.