47

I'll be adding more scenes with Kaleb! ❤

This chapter is slightly longer than most, just because I've been missing for a while.. Thank you for your patience. ❤

~Aurora's Pov~

Aaron, the man that Maggie and Sasha brought in said he had a camp close by and he wanted us to come back with him, he said we had to Audition to get in. I mean if he wasn't lying, this would be an amazing opportunity for us.. we haven't stayed in one place for longer than a day. We needed somewhere to settle down, I'm tired of moving around all the time.

Right now, I was with a small group looking for the vehicles he was talking about. We were walking down a road together, Oliver and I were behind the rest. We weren't speaking, we were just listening to what the others were saying. It was a comfortable silence. I looked over to him but he was looking over at the empty fields. I held his hand and he looked over to me, I gave him a soft smile and he returned it, "You're quiet," I said swinging his hand slightly. He shrugged, "I'm tired," He corrected. "It's hot." He sighed and continued looking forward.

"I know, I hope he's telling the truth." I said shaking my head, I looked forward too. "Me too." He said softly. I let go of his hand and hugged him. He scoffed hugging me too, "What're you doin' .." He said holding me back with a smile, still looking around us. "Hugging my boyfriend." I said. He laughed a bit, causing me to laugh too. "You look sad baby," I said softly as we walked. "I'm just tired, unlike you after we finished talking." he said as we pulled away. "Did you even sleep?" I asked. He nodded, "Eventually yeah." He said and put his hands on my shoulders as I continued to walk backwards. "Turn around before you fall, please." He said turning me around. "I don't want you to trip, You're makin' me nervous." He said. I smiled and Maggie turned around. "Keep up you two." She said stopping and waiting for us. "Yeah Mags," Oliver responded and took his hands off my shoulders. He put one hand on my back and we caught up to her.

" 'chonne how far away are we?" I asked. "Not sure, We should be close though." She said, "Not much longer, little soldier." Abraham said looking back at me. I smiled at him and he nodded slightly with the smallest smile. "Keep your guard up, eyes open. No distractions. Concentration is key." He said, turning around fully. I smiled looking over at him, he smiled too and kissed my cheek. "Hey- you heard him." I said pulling away from him. "No distractions, Olly." I said narrowing my eyes at him. He clicked his tongue and looked away from me. "Am I distracting you on this mission? Should I go to the front?" I asked. "We're not on a mission." He smiled. "Yeah we are, what would you call this?" I asked. "Not a mission." He said shaking his head.

"Let's find out from the soldier." I said and looked away from him towards Abraham. "Abraham?" I asked as we walked. "Yeah." He responded, "Is this considered a mission?" I asked. He turned around and walked backwards holding his gun. "Hell yeah we're on a mission." He said. I smiled and looked and looked at Oliver. "We're on a mission." I confirmed as Abraham turned back around. He sighed as Maggie turned around to look at us with a smile. "We're on a mission," She repeated. I raised my arms looking at Maggie, "Yes we are." I said. "Really? You're taking her side Mags? Geez.." He said looking at her. "Don't burst her bubble man," Glenn said, not turning around. "Which one." Oliver said. "Both of them." He said. I laughed looking at him. "You're outnumbered." I said, He looked at me with a straight face.

"Aww don't be mad. You should be happy we're on a mission together." I said putting my hands on his cheeks.

~~~

We ended up finding the cars he was talking about and bringing them back to the barn we were located at. We made a decision earlier and we were going to Alexandria. Right now, I was outside with my dad. He was checking out the car, I was sitting on the driver's seat looking at him as he just skimmed through some papers he found under the seat.