Chapter 77: Blushing

Once getting home from the nightmare known as the reunion, the two are back at Josh's parents. Kaiser asleep in the other guest room. Josh and Callie lounging on the couch – everyone else asleep.

            "You know, I was mad at you when you pushed Jax," Callie says. Her eyes trained on the TV, head on Josh's shoulder.

            "Oh, I don't doubt that," Josh chuckles.

            "But," Callie intercedes, "you made up for it when you defended yourself and me. I really am proud of you," she says looking up at him.

            "Well thank you. You know how protective I am of anybody especially my family," Josh leaning down and kissing her forehead.

            "I know," Callie closes her eyes, "and you're so in love with me it's insane huh?" Callie smirks.

            "Well duh, you already know that," Josh winks at her.

             "And your life is perfect?" Callie smiles.

            "My definition of perfect," Josh smirks. "I have you, an ornery son, and another one on the way," he says, sliding his hand on Callie's stomach – a small bump forming. "And you know I love you guys."

            "And we love you and even though we've had our issues in high school and when I was in college, and I've wanted to murder you in your sleep I couldn't ask for a better husband and father of my kids."

            "Don't make me blush."

            "I'm serious Josh," Callie laughs. "You truly are amazing."

            "I'm glad that I'm with you and that we are in our own little forever," Callie says softly, kissing him.

            The two lay back on the couch, bodies tangled as they softly kiss one another. The TV background noise. At that moment, nothing else matters.