6

Aurora hadn't slept well for the past few days

Aurora hadn't slept well for the past few days. She just couldn't get into a routine of sleeping through the night. She would always wake up multiple times and then couldn't will herself to go back to sleep.

Through the week, she had attempted to not appear as a zombie but she was slowly losing her grip on reality and found herself shaking herself awake during classes.

She was free by Wednesday afternoon. Classes finished at noon which meant that the students had time on their hands. It was a glorious afternoon. The sun sweltered in the sky.

Aurora figured that she needed a change of scenery so she decided to treat herself to a small picnic on the beach under the sun. She brought a little blanket and some snacks with her.

Nearby, there were a few boys who were playing football in the sand. Aurora lay on her back and stared into the sky and then she felt a slight pressure on her leg. She sat up and saw a ball right next to her leg.

"Can't a girl have a bit of peace and quiet?" She muttered under her breath. She sat up to grab the ball and throw it back but her hands were met with another.

"Sorry about that. We didn't mean to disturb you," the Australian apologised. He wore dark blue swim shorts that stopped above his knees and his upper body was bare with sweat that glimmered in the sun.

Aurora took off her sunglasses and shielded her eyes as she looked up at the cute, blue-eyed boy. "Don't worry about it. Accidents happen," she smiled up at him and he kicked the ball back to his friends. Aurora picked up a strawberry and sunk her teeth into it.

"I'm Kaden," he introduced himself.

"Aurora."

"You're from England?" He asked although it sounded more like a statement. "What's a pretty girl like you doing at the beach alone?"

Aurora lowered her head and scooped her hair behind her ear. "We have the afternoon free of school so I thought I'd come down to the beach to relax."

"Oh, I guess I should head back then," his voice lowered when he noticed that he had disturbed her peace.

"I don't mind you being here," she smirked up at him and Kaden smiled back. Aurora bit into another strawberry and felt the juice trickle over her lip.

Just as he went to sit down, someone interrupted them. "Hey, babe."

Aurora looked over both shoulders to see who he was talking about but realised that there was no one else around them. "What?"

"Thanks for waiting for me," Weston stood in between the gap between Aurora and Kaden. "Who's he?"

"We're just talking," she gestured to Kaden who looked slightly unsettled due to Weston's presence.

"I'll- uh- I'll get going. It was nice meeting you, Aurora," he stuttered and then jogged back over to his friends.

Aurora muttered a bye and then glared at Weston. "What the fuck do you think you're doing? And I'm not your babe!" She spat.

He had a pair of black shorts on which meant that Aurora could admire every other aspect of his body. Her eyes were immediately drawn to his godly sculpted abs. She wanted to trail her hands down his body. She wanted to be pressed against his body with nothing interfering. Aurora put her sunglasses back on so she could stare at him some more without being too obvious.

She felt his eyes rake up her legs, over her dress, along her collar bones, up her neck to rest on her face.

"Would you prefer my good girl?" He sat down beside her and watched her legs cross over. "Didn't think so."

Weston reached over with his thumb and wiped the red juice from her chin. He licked his thumb, "You're still sweeter."

"You need to fix this obsession of yours, can't be wasting your life stalking me," she laid back and rested on her forearms.

"Who says it would be a waste?"

Aurora's breath hitched as she looked at him.

"Besides, I think you'll find that it's you needing me," Weston winked. "And I'm not stalking you. I have friends," he tilted his head for Aurora to look and she recognised Max and a couple of other boys hanging out.

"Hard to believe." Weston brought both his hands to his heart.

"You wound me, princess," he said which made her laugh. "But you're the one here alone. Why? A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be somewhere so beautiful alone. Someone needs to be there to balance the beauty with something slightly less."

"I'm not going to give you a compliment that you are so dearly fishing for."

"Don't worry. Your eyes already said it all," he winked.

"If you must know, I came to sleep. Which you are keeping me from," Aurora laid down and closed her eyes. There was silence for a while. Aurora turned her neck towards him and pulled down her sunglasses. "You're not gonna leave, are you?"

Weston shook his head. "You wouldn't want me to anyways."

She sighed and pushed her glasses back up. "Fine. Make yourself useful and wake me up before you leave."

"I'll do that if you let me talk to you," he reasoned and she gave in.

That was how Aurora fell asleep, listening to Weston blabber on about his friendship with Max, who he'd known since they were both five. "He was glueing everything to the teacher's desk when I walked in. We both froze and then I offered to glue the teacher's seat. It was hilarious."

He talked about his little pomeranian, Choco. "My younger brother, Josh, named him. He was four when he named him. Now little Choco won't respond to anything from that or Coco. We also have a golden retriever, Lily. We've had her for four years..."

She didn't hear much after that as she had drifted into a peaceful sleep.

About two hours had passed. Weston stayed with her and basked in the sound of the waves that crashed on the shore. She looked beautiful asleep. A true princess.

He heard Max whistle to signal that they were leaving and he gave them a thumbs up. He stayed for another twenty minutes and listened to her light her breaths.

Weston trailed the tips of his fingers up her soft, smooth legs. He brought them on top of her dress and continued to trail them up her side. Weston hovered his lips over her neck, letting his warm breath hit her. He closed the space and planted soft kisses on her neck. When he felt her begin to stir, he moved up to her ear and whispered, "Time to wake up Sleeping Beauty." He placed one last kiss behind her ear and then left.

Aurora could see his fading outline leave and huffed when she sat up.

She'd managed to solve her sleeping problem but he had just given her another one.