Chapter 31; Overcoming Obstacles

As I walked the hall I was met with a small female, she had some rabbit features, dark hair, and I more traditional outfit. Everything about her seemed soft and caring. She stood smiling at me, her arms tucked out of sight. "Good evening, young one." Her voice was sweet and gentle. I stood 10 feet from her, the angle's sword rested on my shoulder. My head was tilted up looking down at her.
"Get out of my way, before I kill you too." I warn her.
"Do you plan to kill my mistress?" Her sweet voice was starting to annoy me.
"Most likely." I say straight faced not bothering to sugarcoat anything.
"I can not allow that, I'm sorry sweetheart." With one quick movement her arms flicked out and knives pierced my throat, shoulder, side, and hand. I moved back and cried out in shock and pain.
"Aaah!" The knife in my throat kept my from speaking beyond simple noises. Her left hand had 4 throwing knives between each finger.
"Please return to your cage, Miss." her voice remind sweet but a dark pressure was add by her glare.

I rip the knives up and hold them for a moment before placing them under my belt, my throat still healing meant my breathing was hindered. I spit blood up and I point the sword at her and smile. "I do not wish to hurt you." She moved into a fighting stance, "but if I must." I could tell my body was starting to feel weak but I had to press on, no matter the cost. My vision was blurring as she charged towards me, I feel a sharp pain as I try to plunge the sword through her.

...Aaron's POV...

We descend an elevator to an unmarked basement floor, as soon as the door dinged and opened up the heavy smell of blood wafted into the tight space. We quickly moved down the hall and turned a corner seeing an open cell door with 2 dead men in the door way. "Damnit. We're to fucking late." I run over and look at the carnage, bullets sit in the blood along with wall splattering of more red stains. The 2 other men inside the room were also colder then a fresh kill.
"Damnit kid, you could have just injured they." Aizawa sighs looking at the bodies.
"Three were impaled and one was shot." Vald says looking over the men.
"Wait? Shot?" I ask walking over to him, "that's weird, she hates using guns. He must have had it drawn on her." I think aloud looking around the room.
"We should move on." Snipe says as he walks further down the hall, not waiting for us.

I follow quickly looking at the dried blood smears down the wall, then we see it. It was a blood bath, men sat dead everywhere. Guns and bullet shells laid across the floors and a man's once white wings were now stained a deep red. This was getting serious, she was getting more aggressive. "Fuck." I sigh out walking over to the many men and woman lain around. "This isn't good, she's going to be dead at this rate."
"What does that mean?" Aizawa asks looking over the sea of blood.
"She's getting sloppy, you can tell by how these men were taken out. She ran up to firing guns and killed them. That's extremely risky and dangerous with her slowing heal rate and control." I explained, I pull my phone out and call Sven with haste.

...back to you...

I laid pin to the flooring as a knife was being held in my side, she twisted and moved it, causing immediate pain. I wince and bite my lip trying to stay silent, not giving her the satisfaction of my screams. "So you do feel pain. The Lady was curious about that." She smiled, her body above my own. I tried to focus to use my blood to stab her but with every twist of the knife my mind would switch agendas. The sword was about a one foot too far and the knives were out of my reach, I had to improvise. I'll be dead if I don't do something. Then it comes to me, I look down and see my opening. "Oh harder!"
"W-what!—" before she could think I swing my legs up and wrap my legs around her head and neck and yank her down getting her off of me. I pull the knife from my side and swiftly stab her chest.
"Thank you, Aaron." I mumble to myself. She looks up at me wide eyed, her head rested on my chest. I smile softly at her with a darkness in my own eyes, as a horrified and baffled look stares up at me. "Sleep now."
She dies in my arms, her ears drooping down and her body becoming heavy.

I slowly stand up, pushing her off of me. I look down at my shirt at the holes and gashes and decide to just remove it leaving me only in my bra but whats the point of a battered clothing at that point anyway. I pick the sword up and step over her corpse. My blood soaked hands wrapped around handle, then a box catches my eye on her body. I bend down and smile widely, I flick the box open and a few matches were stuffed next to the true treasure. I pull the slender rolled paper and struck the match lighting it ablaze. I smiled softly and blew the smoke out my nose, "you were useful after all." I laugh walking further down the hall. It felt good to have a cigarette between my lips.

I walk into the this large hall, the sword dragging behind me, my arm lazily at my side. I closed my eyes and focused around myself, sensing for any bloodstreams. Then I felt it, a calm and unbothered person behind me. I turn and swing my arm to kill whomever thought they could sneak attack me. As my arm moves they hit my arm causing me to drop this sword. When I finally looked at there face, it was him, it was the brother, but he looked different, more demonic in a sense.