Chapter 19

This chapter has been edited to remove a controversial part of the story :D

Once I put on some dry clothes, I started wandering around outside, trying to clear my head. My life changed completely in such a short time and I was trying to adjust. I thought of Caden, but quickly pushed the thought of him away, not wanting to get emotional. When I focused on my surroundings, I noticed that I'd walked to a field near a park. Not many people were around, but it was fairly brisk outside. I stopped walking when I noticed something purple in the distance. I walked closer to it and realized it was a balloon. I stopped walking, realizing it was the same type of balloon that I saw in the woods with Jack. My heart rate quickened and I looked around.

I couldn't see anyone, but I was getting a really bad feeling. I realized I'd been holding my breath, and I exhaled. I kept walking slowly. Although I didn't really know how to use them, I felt protected by my newfound powers.

I stood in front of the balloon and outstretched my hand. I delicately reached my fingers out to touch the black string on the balloon, but it disappeared once I did. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up. This must be something else magical. Maybe they're like me.

I continued walking and noticed another purple balloon in the distance, so I went up to it. I stood in front of it as it slowly bobbed up and down, staring at me with a smiley face made of Sharpie. I exhaled slowly and looked around, seeing nothing but trees.

I looked at the balloon again, then turned around, deciding to go back. As I did, I jumped back as I was faced with someone. My face was at his chest and I looked up to see his face. I gasped and stepped back again as I realized how inhumanly tall he was. He was about 7 feet and my heart was pounding. He was a jester with long, blue hair put into a ponytail. There were bells hanging from his chest and a giant jester's hammer in his gloved hands. His features were elf-like and he was smiling.

"Why hello dear," he said.

I was too afraid to speak. The vibe that came with him was dark and terrifying. It was like he was surrounded by a black cloud.

"Oh," he said, noticing I was afraid. The purple balloon floated in front of me and stared at me.

"This one won't disappear if you want to take it."

I side-stepped the balloon so I could look at him again. He dramatically rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Fine, if you INSIST on talking, my name is Candy Pop... and what is yours?" he asked theatrically.

"Y/N." I squinted. He reminded me of Jack's weird friend Jason.

"Ahh, so you know Jason. Small world," he said.

"I.. are you.. in my head?" I asked.

"Indeed."

I panicked and started breathing quickly.

"Calm down, darling."

He walked towards me and reached his hand out. I flinched and tried to move away, but I couldn't. He touched my cheek but flinched.

"Ow!" he exclaimed. I looked at him, surprised and afraid. He looked angry and a new darkness surrounded him. He reached out forcefully and grabbed me by the neck, lifting me into the air. I heard the sound of his hand sizzling and he dropped me, yelling in pain.

"What is this? Who are you?" he asked with a booming voice. I stood up and started to run, but stopped when a black wall appeared in front of me. I turned around, seeing Candy Pop smiling. Pretty soon, I saw a ton of shadows appear next to him and walk toward me. I panicked and tried to muster up my power. I looked down and noticed my entire body was glowing gold, so I figured that had to be some sort of protection. I felt the crystal in my necklace heat up and looked around at the shadows. I wasn't sure how to handle them because I barely knew how to control my abilities.

"Y/N?" I heard Jack's voice behind me.

"Jack!" I yelled as I ran to give him a hug. As I touched him, he turned into Candy Pop. I gasped and stepped away.

"Oww, don't touch me," he said.

"Get out of my head!" I said, panting. I dug deep into my powers and managed to get the leaves around us to whirl.

"Oh, you think that's going to help?!" Candy Pop yelled. The wind from the leaves was loud, so he had to yell over it. I ignored him.

"I may not be able to touch you darling, but I can still kill you," he said. Pretty soon, the floor of the forest started on fire, slowly making its way toward me. I yelled and tried to get away from it. He laughed, walking towards me slowly, standing in the middle of the flames.

The fire stopped and I noticed a new, large, glowing golden energy around me. I looked behind me and saw Hayden, his eyes glowing bright gold. I sighed a breath of relief, then realized it could be Candy Pop in my head again. Hayden sent a ball of golden light over to Candy Pop and wrapped him in it. Without hesitation, Candy Pop and his shadows disappeared. The leaves around us calmed and I looked at Hayden, fearful.

"Fuck, Y/N, what did you get into?" he asked, turning toward me. I flinched and stepped away from him. He furrowed his eyebrows, seeming hurt.

"What?" he asked.

"You might still be in my head," I said quietly and nervously.

"Oh, no. It's me, Y/N," he said, moving toward me swiftly. He put his hands on the side of my arms and nothing happened. I sighed in relief when I realized it was him and let out a deep breath. He chuckled a little and released me. 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded and tried to slow my heart rate down. I'd never been that close to death before.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"Your necklace," he said as he reached out and touched it absentmindedly.

"Wait how?" I asked.

"When you were using your energy while you were afraid, you must've called out to me. I felt it and was able to figure out where you were."

"Well, thank you."

"Mmhmm. But we're gonna need to get you some more training. I can't have you scaring me like that."

"You were scared for me?" I asked, intrigued.

"Yes, loser," he joked.

I smiled briefly but was still a bit confused. Something didn't really add up about his concern.

"You barely know me, so I don't get why you'd be scared. What are you not telling me?" I asked him.

"Oh, Y/N I would tell you if I could. But it's not time yet," he replied.

"Okay, fine. Well, what was with that.. thing?" I changed the subject.

"I don't know. He was demonic. I think your roomie might know more about him," he replied.

"Oh... good.." I said. Demons.

"Now, if you're done having emergencies, I'll see you next time," he said softly.

"Bye Hayden," I said with a slight smile.

* * * *

I got back home and waited for Jack to come back. I pulled up a show on Netflix and tried to keep my mind focused on that instead of Jack at the gym. And what his muscles must look like. And...

The door opened. I sprung up as Jack walked in and gave me a little wave.

"Jack!" I nearly screamed.

"Hey, Love. Let me go take a shower quick, then we can chat, yeah?" he asked. How could I ever refuse anything that came out of that British mouth of his? I nodded and watched as he went upstairs. I started getting anxious from having to wait and tried to distract myself by watching my show. 

Editor's note from the future: Controversial stuff in this chapter? We don't know her. No idea what you're talking about hahahaha. Nothing ever happened here :D

Hi guys! Sorry it's been so long but school has been destroying me and honestly it's hard to stay motivated with the state of the world right now. So if you're feeling that way too you're not alone! :)